The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amateur Radio Parity Act, Where is the Parity???  (Read 2260 times)
KN6SD

Ignore
« on: October 19, 2017, 01:21:37 PM »

Where is the Parity??? I had that question after watching Ham Radio Now Episode 342... You can view HRN #342 at https://www.hamradionow.tv/episodes/2017/8/12/hrn-342-it-aint-parity-until-we-say-its-parity ...

Fred Hopengarten K1VR raises some valid concerns (or Alarms) about the current language in ARPA. After watching the program a couple of times, I have withdrawn my support for ARPA in its current form.

I would urge everyone that has similar concerns to contact the ARRL...

Russ
KN6SD
K7JQ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 01:42:12 PM »

Where is the Parity??? I had that question after watching Ham Radio Now Episode 342... You can view HRN #342 at https://www.hamradionow.tv/episodes/2017/8/12/hrn-342-it-aint-parity-until-we-say-its-parity ...

Fred Hopengarten K1VR raises some valid concerns (or Alarms) about the current language in ARPA. After watching the program a couple of times, I have withdrawn my support for ARPA in its current form.

I would urge everyone that has similar concerns to contact the ARRL...

Russ
KN6SD

We DO agree on that, Russ. Cheesy  ARRL gave away the farm in its' "compromise" with the CAI.
In the current form, HOA's can pretty much knock down any "reasonable" request for an efficient antenna. Might as well have nothing at all, and continue to experiment with stealth systems.

73, Bob K7JQ
WA7PRC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 04:47:26 PM »

Might as well have nothing at all, and continue to experiment with stealth systems.
Those in HOAs (that don't allow outdoor ham antennas) should know that doing so puts them at risk of the wrath of the HOA, and all that comes with it. It is safest to obey the rules.
KK4GGL

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 05:17:07 PM »

Might as well have nothing at all, and continue to experiment with stealth systems.
Those in HOAs (that don't allow outdoor ham antennas) should know that doing so puts them at risk of the wrath of the HOA, and all that comes with it. It is safest to obey the rules.

... back of the bus ...
... different drinking fountains...
... no, you can't fly that US flag ...
... no you can't use that clothes line...
... no, you can't put up that TV antenna ...
... no, you can't put up those solar panels...

Rick KK4GGL
WA7PRC

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 05:26:20 PM »

... back of the bus ...
Old points that have to do with human rights, not property rights. This isn't about that.
Apples-oranges comparisons.
KN6SD

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 05:29:53 PM »

... back of the bus ...

I agree, HOA's have too much power, and the latest version of ARPA doesn't do much to stop it... Unless you have $100,000 for legal fees to get permission to install your antenna. CAI knew exactly what they were doing by making the proposed legislation overly vague in some areas..

Joe ham: I would like to install a Diamond X-50 and a G5RV wire antenna..

HOA Board: No, it's ugly..

Joe ham: But they're small and effective for my purposes..

HOA Board: NO, NO, NO, THEY ARE UGLY.. Request DENIED..

Joe ham: HOA Board you're violating Federal Law..

HOA Board: We do not agree, the law says NO UGLY Antennas..

Joe ham: I'll sue...

HOA Board: Ok, take a number and get in line....... We have your money and all of your neighbors to fight you in court... Have a nice day.......
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 05:42:02 PM by KN6SD » Logged
K1ZJH

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2017, 05:37:30 PM »

Solar panels are PC these days.  Hard to forbid green energy, even an HOA.  And those panels are ugly.

Many states have overridden HOA regs....  imagine that!!!

The Florida Solar Rights Act. Florida law forbids any entity—including homeowner associations—from prohibiting the installation of solar or other renewable energy devices on Florida buildings. An association may require approval of a system installation, and may establish restrictions for installations.

WA7PRC

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2017, 05:42:15 PM »

I agree, HOA's have too much power, and the latest version of ARPA doesn't do much to stop it...
Yep, hams should be allowed to do whatever they WANT, retroactively. What's next?
KN6SD

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2017, 05:44:41 PM »

Solar panels are PC these days.  Hard to forbid green energy, even an HOA.  And those panels are ugly.

Many states have overridden HOA regs....  imagine that!!!

The Florida Solar Rights Act. Florida law forbids any entity—including homeowner associations—from prohibiting the installation of solar or other renewable energy devices on Florida buildings. An association may require approval of a system installation, and may establish restrictions for installations.

OMG: Florida interfered with private agreements.... Has the housing market crashed........
WA7PRC

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2017, 05:52:04 PM »

OMG: Florida interfered with private agreements.... Has the housing market crashed........
Yep, for the benefit of MANY.
KN6SD

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2017, 05:57:09 PM »

I see PRC is buzzing around again, to bad I can't see his posts  Roll Eyes

Let me guess what he's saying... You signed it, you live with it FOREVER, and the next generation of your FAMILY needs to be held to it if you die at a young age.... Blah, ha ha ha ha........

You Agreed!!!

You Agreed!!!

You Agreed!!!

You Agreed!!!

You Agreed!!!

I got one thing to say to that "You Agreed" B.S.... Please PUT A SOCK IN IT!!!

Grin
K7JQ

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2017, 05:59:25 PM »

I'm sure they know. But in my extensive HOA experiences, there's no "wrath of the HOA". Nothing inherently wrong with trying out antennas in the attic, below backyard privacy walls, or neatly camouflaged as to not being visible (flagpoles, etc). HOA's will not issue fines or take you to court before sending a notice of violation with a reasonable time frame to remedy. Sure, it's "against the rules", but c'mon! There's a difference between being pious and practical. In a case like this, we're not talking life and death. They're not gonna break down your door and cart you off to jail.  Roll Eyes  If you're caught, take it down and try something else. Attic antennas are the most invisible. Remember, sometimes it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission.    
WA7PRC

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2017, 06:04:43 PM »

I see PRC is buzzing around again, to bad I can't see his posts  Roll Eyes

Let me guess what he's saying... You signed it, you live with it FOREVER, and the next generation of your FAMILY needs to be held to it if you die at a young age.... Blah, ha ha ha ha........
Jim N2EY (an ardent supporter of the legislation and someone I consider a friend) has stated many times that use of the Ignore "feature" says the ignorer can't handle reading any dissenting opinions.

You Agreed!!!

You Agreed!!!

You Agreed!!!

You Agreed!!!

You Agreed!!!

I got one thing to say to that "You Agreed" B.S.... Please PUT A SOCK IN IT!!!

Grin
No. This isn't your forum (you don't make the rules).
WA7PRC

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2017, 06:08:29 PM »

I'm sure they know. But in my extensive HOA experiences, there's no "wrath of the HOA". Nothing inherently wrong with trying out antennas in the attic, below backyard privacy walls, or neatly camouflaged as to not being visible (flagpoles, etc). HOA's will not issue fines or take you to court before sending a notice of violation with a reasonable time frame to remedy. Sure, it's "against the rules", but c'mon! There's a difference between being pious and practical. In a case like this, we're not talking life and death. They're not gonna break down your door and cart you off to jail.  Roll Eyes  If you're caught, take it down and try something else. Attic antennas are the most invisible. Remember, sometimes it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission.    
Bob,
I think you're reading more into my post than I wrote. I understand the rules (and penalties for breaking them) vary. My point is to not do stuff that will cause a lot of grief.
vy 73 es gl,
Bryan WA7PRC
K7JQ

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2017, 07:35:07 PM »

Bob,
I think you're reading more into my post than I wrote. I understand the rules (and penalties for breaking them) vary. My point is to not do stuff that will cause a lot of grief.
vy 73 es gl,
Bryan WA7PRC

Bryan,

I understand your point, and you're correct about following the rules to the letter is the "safest". But there are logical alternatives to skirt the issue. I just didn't want newer hams or new movers into HOA neighborhoods to be totally discouraged about trying stealth solutions after reading about the "wrath"...kind of a scary description. Cheesy. Getting a notice of violation if caught, and remedying the situation might be a little inconvenience, but IMO not really grief. Just a little blip in the game of life.

73,  Bob
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: