The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amateur Radio Parity Act, Where is the Parity???  (Read 2070 times)
WD4ED

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2017, 07:42:36 PM »

The biggest problem with this bill is that it could actually get passed!  It doesn't take a lawyer to read that bill and know it's trouble.  But once it's actually passed into law the way it is...  well that's all she wrote!  Think getting a new law passed is hard?  Changing a bad one is far more difficult.

My personal experience with HOAs has been nothing but a nightmare.  Old ladies peeping over privacy fences to see if my grass was too long for them?  Nasty notes on my door threatening me with some kind of action...repairs held up for "Approval",  how you park your car in your own driveway and so on.  I didn't need ham radio to remind me about HOAs when I moved out of that place!  Putting an antenna up wasn't an option.  Maybe not all are control freaks. But some are!  I'm not rolling those dice.  IMHO, anything that limits my freedoms on my own property isn't good.  All other arguments aside.  If you are good with that, good for you.

It's pretty clear that either the ARRL is in way over it's head, or this is just a way for the leadership to say they did something big.  Kind of like our little "Iran Nuclear" deal!  The bill is a dud and will only make things worse.  I'm glad that I will never have to be subject to it.

My biggest take on this is about Sen. Nelson.  Both good and bad!  He's clearly playing hardball.  He's not going to let anything pass anything that actually evens come close to working for hams.  He plays like he's cooperating but has no real intentions of cooperating.  If it starts going against the HOA's he'll find a way to kill it again.  He's good...That's bad!  If you are an HOA you gotta love this guy!  I wish the Senators I support were so firm in their support of my causes!  

Thanks,

Ed
KN6SD

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2017, 09:31:51 AM »

I have sent the follow message to my US Senator, I urge all California Amateurs to do the same:

Dear Senator Feinstein,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my letter(s). Unfortunately the current version of the Amateur Radio Parity Act is full of Vague language that I cannot support. The Language from the 2015/2016 Legislative Session was clear and required Homeowners Associations (a.k.a. Community Associations) to follow the same Federal guidelines that the local zoning authority must follow when permitting amateur radio antenna installations.

Amateur Radio Operators need relief from CC&R's and Homeowners Associations that are being used as tools to circumvent Government Regulation and oversight. Currently HR 555 and S 1534 as written do not provide the relief the amateur community needs.

Unless the Bill is Amended back to the 2015/2016 Language, I urge you to Vote NO when it is considered by the full US Senate.

Thank you for your time and attention to this matter.

Sincerely,
Russell W. Brill
KN6SD

W9FIB

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2017, 02:45:49 PM »

I have sent the follow message to my US Senator, I urge all California Amateurs to do the same:

Dear Senator Feinstein,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my letter(s). Unfortunately the current version of the Amateur Radio Parity Act is full of Vague language that I cannot support. The Language from the 2015/2016 Legislative Session was clear and required Homeowners Associations (a.k.a. Community Associations) to follow the same Federal guidelines that the local zoning authority must follow when permitting amateur radio antenna installations.

Amateur Radio Operators need relief from CC&R's and Homeowners Associations that are being used as tools to circumvent Government Regulation and oversight. Currently HR 555 and S 1534 as written do not provide the relief the amateur community needs.

Unless the Bill is Amended back to the 2015/2016 Language, I urge you to Vote NO when it is considered by the full US Senate.

Sincerely,
Russell W. Brill
KN6SD

+1
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 02:55:30 PM by W9FIB » Logged

Happy being an Amateur Extra!
Nothing says CB on my printed license.
Ares/Races but no lights or crown vic.
KN6SD

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2017, 05:15:33 PM »

Dear Senator Feinstein,

Sincerely,
Russell W. Brill
KN6SD

+1

I know... I sent a letter to Senator Harris also...  Wink
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: