The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Special AMSAT Membership Offer for RadFxSat Launch  (Read 1453 times)
N8HM

Ignore
« on: October 24, 2017, 08:54:59 AM »

As part of the preparations for the launch of RadFxSat on November 10th, AMSAT is making our “Getting Started With Amateur Satellites” book available for a limited time as a download with any paid new or renewal membership purchased via the AMSAT Store. This offer is only available with purchases completed online, and for only a limited time. A perennial favorite, Getting Started is updated every year with the latest amateur satellite information, and is the premier primer of satellite operation. The 182 page book is presented in PDF format, in full color, and covers all aspects of making your first contacts on a ham radio satellite.

Please take advantage of this offer today by visiting the AMSAT store at https://www.amsat.org/shop/ and selecting any membership option. While there, check out our other items, including the M2 LEOpack antenna system, Arrow antennas, AMSAT shirts, and other swag.

Thank you, and see you soon on RadFxSat!

https://www.amsat.org/free-digital-...tes-available-with-new-or-renewed-membership/
AC7CW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 10:28:29 AM »

The link doesn't work... I went to the AMSAT site, paid dues, got the receipt and link to dl the book. So I opened it in a browser on my laptop, tried to upload it to my Kindle. It won't do that, almost every pdf will do that but not this one. So I go to the tablet to see if I can get it into the Kindle somehow, I play around, access the link several times and it says I've exceeded my download limit and directs me to the store to buy it! I still had it open on the laptop and was able to save it to the desktop and reopen it, once so far... I don't really want to read it in a browser but whatever...

AMSAT guys: you could lighten up on the property protections enough so it uploads to a Kindle, no?

Novice 1958, 20WPM Extra now... (and get off my lawn)
AC7CW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 12:29:40 PM »

Never mind, I'm all better now... Had to go old school: I plugged in the tablet to the laptop, copied the file over to the tablet, tapped it and it opened in Kindle. Thanks much AMSAT!

Novice 1958, 20WPM Extra now... (and get off my lawn)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: