The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Setup QS1E?  (Read 857 times)
WA2ELZ

Ignore
« on: October 27, 2017, 07:37:28 PM »

Hello,
How do I setup the QS1E? I have the QS1E installed into the QS1R. The original software had a button to switch from RX to TX. The current TX button now only activates a setup dialog. It does not seem to actually activate the transmit mode.
1. Do I need a mic with a PTT switch wired into the back of the QS1R? which pin?
2. Can I use a headset with mic combo connected to the audio jack? My laptop has only one audio I/O port.
3. How do I switch a DOW Key relay? Which pins?
I know that this is info available on the http://qs1r.wikispaces.com/QS1R+Online+Manual but cost is extremely expensive and is no longer free to access. There is a new website. The new website is a "work in progress" and the files have not been transferred yet.
I been collecting RF power amplifier for years; but all are kits with relatively low gains and I dislike building stuff. Recently, I found a pre-built new RF amplifier with 35 db gain and about 3 watts output from 1 Mhz to 700 Mhz. Only needs 12Vdc, a LPF and Rx TX a antenna switching relay. The unit is complete with RF transistors and heat sink. If it works my next step is an LDMOS KW amplifier  Cool
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Robert
WA2ELZ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 12:42:30 AM »

Thank you all who may have tried to answer my question.
I found the documentation. It is a straight forward connector on the QS1R/QS1E for the PTT function.
The QS1R is a very high performance 16 bit direct sampling receiver from VLF to 60 Mhz. Hope to start using it on air. 
Thanks again
Robert
G4AON

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 02:45:17 AM »

I recently bought a second hand QS1R to use with CW Skimmer Server on an active antenna, it’s a great (if a bit insensitive compared to a Microtelecom Perseus) receiver. Skimmer Server works directly with a QS1R making a great local RBN for CW ops.

73 Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: