The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ladies lost at sea for 5 months  (Read 3894 times)
ONAIR

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2017, 08:37:31 PM »

Even if they had no license, they needed HF!  Someone would have heard their emergency call, and being an emergency there would have been no penalty.
W8RXL

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2017, 04:31:32 AM »

I am glad they got rescued but I get that the reason they were drifting was because thier engine failed however I wonder if they realized that they were in a

s a i l    b o a t
KD4LLA

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2017, 10:59:33 AM »

From apnews dot com:

"They also had a new VHF radio, a ham radio, a weather satellite and a radio telephone. She says none worked, and they apparently had a communications failure with their new antenna."

Wonder if either one of them had a ham license?
KC4ZGP

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2017, 11:20:33 AM »

You said the key word, story.

Now Sully who landed that plane in the water is a real hero...NOT!!!

Gawd!

Kraus
K1ZJH

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2017, 04:53:05 PM »

From apnews dot com:

"They also had a new VHF radio, a ham radio, a weather satellite and a radio telephone. She says none worked, and they apparently had a communications failure with their new antenna."

Wonder if either one of them had a ham license?

Wonder if they even knew how to open the boxes that equipment came in...
N5BCN

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2017, 09:41:25 AM »

This story is getting fishier and fishier.......

73 Brian N5BCN
KC4ZGP

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2017, 10:04:17 AM »

I read they didn't activate their emergency beacon because they felt they weren't in any imminent danger.

Lost at sea equals danger.

Is that a big ten-four???

Kraus
K6AER

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2017, 09:03:31 PM »

The story does not add up. No gray stripe on the hair after 5 months at sea.. Did they color their hair at sea? Why could they not steer the boat. If they put up the Jenny and they would have made Seattle in 3 months. Any aircraft would pick up a ELT. They had an EPIRB and didn't use it. I hope they aren't registered to vote.
N9AOP

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2017, 10:39:58 AM »

Darn, if this story is a phony, there go the movie rights.
Art
ONAIR

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2017, 07:57:12 PM »

I am glad they got rescued but I get that the reason they were drifting was because thier engine failed however I wonder if they realized that they were in a

s a i l    b o a t
    Maybe they didn't know how to sail?   Roll Eyes
N6YFM

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2017, 08:59:06 PM »

The story does not add up. No gray stripe on the hair after 5 months at sea.. Did they color their hair at sea? Why could they not steer the boat. If they put up the Jenny and they would have made Seattle in 3 months. Any aircraft would pick up a ELT. They had an EPIRB and didn't use it. I hope they aren't registered to vote.

Precisely.  In fact, over the last several days, increasing news stories indicate that the "supposed big storm" that killed their engine
never occurred.  The weather service staff had no record of any storm weather of significance several days prior to, and after, their
"reported" storm story.  Also, like you mentioned,  they were questioned about why they did not activate the ELT beacon.
In the same 3 minute discussion, they said they did not feel in danger and did not want to divert emergency resources, but
then quickly went back to the "we were about to die" story.

If you ask me, they don't need a reporter questioning them, they need a psychologist.   Half a dozen facts in the their story
simply do not hold up to any level of fact-checking.

K3LI

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2017, 06:35:37 PM »

The story is complete and total BS.  They were too healthy. Not completely burned up by the sun.  The dogs were in perfect condition. 

Please, has anyone ever heard of every single piece of comm gear not work at the same time.  Cell phone overboard, VHF did not work when they had the chance. ( they claimed to have contacted someone but they would not come help?)   Ham radio ant fell off, Sat phone dead.  Why not just  turn on the EPIRB?   Complete BS.  Do the research on the story and you will see.
W1JKA

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2017, 09:03:14 AM »

Gotta admit it was a neat free publicity stunt for the LGBT movement and how well their two dogs Butch and Dyck were trained respond to the verbal commands to keep quiet and keep their coats cleaned so the sharks wouldn't hear or smell them.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 09:08:45 AM by W1JKA » Logged
N5BCN

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2017, 03:28:11 PM »

Half a dozen facts in the their story simply do not hold up to any level of fact-checking.

Interesting that anyone with common sense could see through this story in about half a minute.  Took the main stream media a lot longer than that to figure it out.

73 Brian N5BCN
W0AEW

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2017, 04:21:19 PM »

This story is getting fishier and fishier.......

73 Brian N5BCN

...and ABC took the bait?
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: