The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ANAN 8000DLE  (Read 1181 times)
KB6DYA

Ignore
« on: October 29, 2017, 06:06:49 AM »

Pure Signal is compatible with any linear amplifier that is out there so it should not be a problem to run the 8410 with the 8000DLE. The hook up is extremely simple and generally follows what you see in the picture below. The only concern that I would have is that the 8000DLE is capable of producing 200W output so you will need to avoid overdriving the amplifier since 50W - 55W appears to be all that is needed to reach maximum output.
K6AER

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 08:33:57 PM »

This comes down to the ability of the Exciter to not over drive the amplifier and the accuracy of the ALC. I see no reasion for a transceiver much over 70 watts with today's amplifiers. Any high end SS amplifier or current Tetrode tube amplifiers will have IMD specification above -40 dBm which is good enough for ham usage.

Transmit overshoot on key up will be a problem if the output goes much over 60 watts.
W6UV

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 06:58:23 PM »

Pure Signal is compatible with any linear amplifier that is out there so it should not be a problem to run the 8410 with the 8000DLE. The hook up is extremely simple and generally follows what you see in the picture below. The only concern that I would have is that the 8000DLE is capable of producing 200W output so you will need to avoid overdriving the amplifier since 50W - 55W appears to be all that is needed to reach maximum output.

I get the legal limit output on my 8410 with 30 watts drive. The 8410 is a grid-swamped design. Put more than 50 watts into it and you're likely to fry the grid swamping resistors.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: