The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MFJ Has Great Customer Care.  (Read 1743 times)
KD8IIC

Ignore
« on: October 30, 2017, 07:33:10 PM »

Had to return my new MFJ 40m Cub transceiver due to it drifting badly.
 They returned a new one today and it works great. I'm very happy.
 I've had good experience with MFJ ever since '08 when I blew up my 268 analyst.
 They repaired it in a timely manner, for free, even though I had thrown away my purchase receipt!
 If you have a problem with MFJ of any kind it is best to communicate with the staff via telephone.
 MFJ is not a large business and you generally talk with the same people whenever you call.
 Of course being rude and unpleasant will not and should not get good results.
 I've always been patient with them and have been rewarded with fine customer service...
 They may not move at the same instant / break-neck pace as other businesses but that is acceptable.
 I highly recommend MFJ products and customer service.
 VY 73 Lane  de n8aft
KC4ZGP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 07:12:39 AM »

Customer relations is invaluable.

I have a few MFJ items and they work. Not dissatisfied at all. I got what I paid for. They're OK.

Kraus
SWMAN

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 07:58:12 AM »

Me Too !  I have a few of their items and never had a problem with them at all or with talking to the company on the phone. Ok in my book.
WA8UEG

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 01:13:37 PM »

I have several items and have always had good service until this year when I purchased a 80/40 OCF dipole. It was listed as full legal limit antenna but I could only load to around 500 watts on 80. I called and asked them and they said although it was listed as full legal limit it will only work at that power level on 40, they would answer my emails almost as soon as I sent them. I said it seems like a balun problem and they told me it was. I asked for a balun that will work as advertised and that was that, never heard a thing and no responses. Tried calling and when I told them the problem I was placed on hold.....no one ever picked up.

I pulled it down and replaced their crappy balun with a good Balun Designs one I had and it has worked fine every since.

It was very disappointing that they would not man up.
N4HAL

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 12:20:53 PM »

I recently sent an ALS 600 in for repair. Checked out OK with my issue turning out to be rf feedback.
Turnaround was 1 week and had excellent communications all the way. Bill including shipping was leiss than $65. Am i pleased?You bet!

Bill Kelly
N4HAL
KA4DPO

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2017, 09:25:33 AM »

A lot of hams complain about MFJ but I have never had a single problem with them.  I did purchase a Tuner that had a broken switch several years back so I returned it to them.  They promptly replaced the tuner and they were extremely nice about it.  MFJ is not expensive stuff but it works and they sell a lot of it.  Just look at Ameritron amplifiers.  They are the number one selling amp and for good reason, value.  They work well and don't cost a fortune to buy or to repair.
KD8IIC

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2017, 08:34:00 AM »

UEG; What? You've NEVER BEFORE ever been a victim of a dropped call? Why did you not call back?
N2SR

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2017, 09:50:04 AM »

About 10 years ago, at Dayton, I ordered parts from MFJ/Hy-gain.  They did not have all the parts available at Dayton, so they said they would ship them.   

Three weeks go by and no parts.  I call.  They have no record of the transaction.  They ask for a copy of the receipt, which I fax to them.   Another two weeks go by, and no parts.  I call again.   They have no record of the transaction.  They ask for a copy of the receipt, which I fax to them.   Another two weeks go by, and no parts.

This time, I call and say, "I want to speak to the highest person in the building, NOW."   The receptionist asks, "What is the nature of your call?"  I explain that I have been waiting almost 2 months for parts that I ordered at Dayton.   Someone comes on the line.   I ask, "Who are you?"  He said he is the operations manager (I forget).   So I explain everything...again, and I said, that if he has 24 hours to call me back and tell me that my parts are shipped, or I will be calling the Mississippi State Attorney General's Office and file a complaint for FRAUD.   He asks if I can fax the receipt.  Sure.  And he said he would call me back in less than an hour.   He calls back in 20 minutes, apologizing.  He has the person with him that took the order.  Guy does not remember the order, but obviously the order was taken. 

Operations manager says he will ship the parts 2nd day air.   

Sometimes you have to light a fire under people. 

If no one is doing it that way, there is a probably a very good reason.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: