The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tonight 31 october Ham-Radio in Tv episode NCIS (in USA ) !  (Read 2198 times)
IW2BSF

Ignore
« on: October 31, 2017, 01:36:03 PM »

HAM-RADIO  on TV Series  "NCIS"  TONIGHT in USA !

Tonight's episode of "NCIS"  has a story-line that focuses on a ham radio operator and uses ham radio to solve a murder. Be sure to check it out!

Season 15, Episode 6 Trapped   - 31 October 2017  (on the CBS network at 8 p.m.)

73 de IW2BSF - Rudy

K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 09:24:25 PM »

I viewed this show this evening and almost puked!  Why the producers of such good programs blow things like this is beyond me.

The number of screw ups in this episode would take too much time to point out.   Angry
K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 08:40:20 PM »

To add to the previous post, ham radio is given credit for being there in times of emergency but also depicted hams as "tin hat geeky nerds!"
WD4HXG

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 12:47:22 AM »

The show did nothing but present an image of 27 MHz operations.

Chuck
IW2BSF

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2017, 01:17:00 AM »

sorry... it's a FAKE news by the website of the ARRL  america !
W0DLM

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2017, 06:33:48 AM »

Truly pathetic. All the show did was demonstrate how completely IGNORANT the writers of the show are, when it comes to ham radio.
WA2ISE

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2017, 01:33:52 PM »

All the show did was demonstrate how completely IGNORANT the writers of the show are, when it comes to ham radio.
The old saying goes like "wonder how accurate they get stuff, that I don't know anything about myself, correct"  Huh
but also depicted hams as "tin hat geeky nerds!"
We're not?  Grin
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 01:35:56 PM by WA2ISE » Logged
KC1GCG

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2017, 08:16:32 PM »

My sister texted me during the show and I told her I was sure id read a out how wrong they got it....like plugging a Mike into the headphone jack in the flick Frequency.
so pls pls share some details on what they got wrong....
W0DLM

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2017, 07:05:19 AM »

The first and most obvious thing to me was when they said that everyone in ham radio uses a "handle." After that, I pretty much tuned out all of the other stupidity.
K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2017, 09:42:05 AM »

1- Handles

2 - Info on antennas and their "range."

3 - The "ham" they interviewed should have been in a rubber room.

4 - They moved all of the gear (long table full!) of gear to the NCIS lab and  attempted to re-connect with the above mentioned "ham." This would include the antenna system & orientation.  Try to imagine THAT! (I sometimes get confused when I want to move ONE piece of gear to another antenna system or even in a different position in the same line)

5 - Used DF to locate the above mentioned "ham" which wins a BS trophy
     of it's own.

6 - Terminology and descriptions which again are too numerous to point out.

So this bring to question, "How accurate is the information in the rest of these TV programs?" I would image most doctors refuse to watch any show involving medical procedures.  How about the new one, "The Good Doctor?"  This one stretches the imagination to the explosion point!

Nuff said!  I'm getting my bowels all hot and runny.
KG4RUL

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2017, 01:17:29 PM »

IF you believe anything portrayed on TV is accurate, I have a beautiful piece of land in Southern Florida that I would like to sell you.  Of course, you will need to drain it and evict the Gators!
K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2017, 09:35:52 PM »

RUL:  You're absolutely correct!  Why I get so worked up over TV crap is beyond me unless I expect some pinch of accuracy.  What the hell, these guys are paid BIG bucks for their work so one would think that they would at research their work .....just a little??
DL8OV

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2017, 12:44:14 AM »

Many years ago I had a girlfriend who was a Scene of Crime Officer (the UK version of a CSI). CSI was banned in our apartment as was CSI Miami and CSI NY due to the staggering number of science and procedure goofs that were seen.

The real CSI's ? Sometimes she would come home early with a face as white as a sheet and just refuse to talk about what she'd seen that day.

Peter DL8OV
K5LXP

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2017, 10:15:49 AM »

What does it say about the consumers of mainstream media content when you have to dumb down a topic that's already been dumbed down?

Mark K5LXP
Albuquerque, NM
K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2017, 10:49:52 AM »

LXP:  I would expect some "dumbing down" for the average TV program but common, don't you expect just a little accuracy? 
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: