The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fix your fist and the digital section is this way --------->  (Read 1318 times)
KH2BR

Ignore
« on: November 01, 2017, 12:02:30 AM »

I justwantedtojumpinhereandsayhowmuchienjoycw.thereisnothingbetterthenthehumantouchofinteractingwitha notherhumanandenjoyinganiceandlongragchewqso.Ijustdontgetitwhatthedigitalguysenjoybysittingbackandl ettingtherecomputersmakecontacts, itjustdoesntmakeanysenseatall.

WELL, with all that said, Do you enjoy trying to listen a cw op with a great or even lousy fist
that does not put enough space between words and some times even between letters?
I have heard some great guys start to get lousy with there fist and also get carried away with
abbreviations where you have to stop and think for a second, "what the heck was that" and by the time your done thinking about it, you don't know what he said.

Who are the space cadets  on 7031 with there winmore digital email station? There is a section in the band for digital ops. I dont want to go out and spend the $2000 bucks to get a modem to
figure out who they are. I did complain on a local traffic net that uses this stuff and they said they would look into it but its still here in southern Ca. My favorite calling frequency is now being jammed by more digital nuts on 7040. Hey, There is a lot of empty space in the digital section, Why not use it??  
Well, I feel a lot better now. Smiley
Happy cw, hope your dx contact does not get jammed by some digital nuts.

Robert
KH2BR
N3HEE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 05:06:23 AM »

I've been a CW op fer many decades and TT and GG still throw me off.  Of course jamming letters and words together is just pure evil !  Not hearing digital email stations here on the east coast ?  Digital ops are where they are supposed to be.  

Joe
N3HEE
CW Academy Advisor (Level II)
VK5EEE

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 08:08:36 AM »

Nice to read from you Robert

ifounditsurprisinglyeasytoreadthosejoinedupsentencesalthoughidon'tthinki'denjoythatincw

on 10116 there are sometimes pactor stations, on the QRP CW frequency, no idea why they are outside the digital section and the ptc-ii i have is not working so cannot decode to find out.

gg es tt ezy pezy as use em a lot d 1 dat got me woz tre "there" only heard that being used here in vk

Long Live Real Human CW and wishing you many happy CW QSO - 77 - CW Forever

Support CW and join CW clubs. QTT: FIST#1124, HSC#1437, UFT#728, RCWC#982, SKCC#15007, CWOPS#1714, 30CW#1,
OZ8AGB

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2017, 08:12:34 AM »

Heard a russian station yesterday calling CQ CQ CQ DE very nicely until he sent his callsign without spacing RA1XYZRA1XYZRA1XYZ.

Still find the EN EN thing strange...
VK5EEE

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2017, 08:17:27 AM »

OM Robert
7040 is WSPR frequency
see here: http://g6nhu.co.uk/frequencies.html
these are extremely popular these days as hams leave their stations running on wspr 24/7 qrp to check propagation
even the qcx i'm trying to build (qrp cw rig) has wspr beacon mode
sounds like a steady carrier only there is a very slight variation audible, a very few Hz i think
i think as much of the world has only a narrow 40m band thus the data is low down in the band, starting 7040, same here in vk
here we have exclusive 7000-7040 cw, digital+cw 7040-7060, ssb+cw 7060-7300.
in vk even ssb are using the cw bands and on 80m we only have 35khz cw exclusive and they tried to even cut that in half
on 30m there are many vk using ssb and causing qrm to cw, and they have insisted on using the lower end, not the upper end for ssb.

en oz8agb :-) wait till you hear me run the 5EEE all together like one big error!

Support CW and join CW clubs. QTT: FIST#1124, HSC#1437, UFT#728, RCWC#982, SKCC#15007, CWOPS#1714, 30CW#1,
K0UA

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2017, 08:42:07 AM »

My favorite calling frequency is now being jammed by more digital nuts on 7040. Hey, There is a lot of empty space in the digital section, Why not use it?

Digital Nuts?  Really?  You know there are plenty of CW spaces available, why don't you use them?
N9AOP

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2017, 10:28:37 AM »

7.040 is a good freq to use for talking with eastern Europeans on Pactor.  We still gotta use P3 while they use P4.
Art
VK5EEE

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2017, 09:06:52 PM »

I don't think the WSPR folks would at all be happy if Pactor was on 7040, it is still quite broadband P3.
Pactor should be higher up in the band, around 070.
Digital nuts, including Digital CW folks, belong up in the digital section.
As for CW spaces, we can use CW anywhere there is a space, all the way across the entire band.
Interestingly, in this part of the world, at night 40m CW end is FULL of SSB (pirates mostly from Indonesia) but the top end of the SSB band above 7150 is very empty. CW operators would be better off migrating to the top end of the band!

KD8IIC

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2017, 09:59:05 PM »

Thanks Lou, Yes, hearing the WSPR QRM here in Ohio almost 24/7 and digi encroachment is rampant.
  Nothing getting better, must adapt and go on I guess....
72 / 73 lane  de n8aft
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: