The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 160M Ragchew Modes / Activity  (Read 643 times)
AB9TA

Ignore
« on: November 02, 2017, 05:43:21 PM »

So, since we are approaching Fall, and the solar flux numbers are in the tank, it seems that 160 Meter season is upon us.

Does anyone know where the RTTY/ PSK / Olivia / the general ragchew mode hangouts are these days?

Thanks!
73!
Bill AB9TA
K0UA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 06:21:07 AM »

So, since we are approaching Fall, and the solar flux numbers are in the tank, it seems that 160 Meter season is upon us.

Does anyone know where the RTTY/ PSK / Olivia / the general ragchew mode hangouts are these days?

Thanks!
73!
Bill AB9TA

As you can tell from the number of lookers and the lack of response, it does not seen that anyone can answer your question.  I know I can't.
VA3VF

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 04:44:22 PM »

Thanks!
73!
Bill AB9TA

Mostly LTE these days, with some GSM. Nothing beats an unlimited cell phone plan for ragchewing. Grin Grin Grin
K0UA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2017, 07:59:48 PM »

Thanks!
73!
Bill AB9TA

Mostly LTE these days, with some GSM. Nothing beats an unlimited cell phone plan for ragchewing. Grin Grin Grin

1.9Ghz.... Smiley
VA3VF

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2017, 08:15:27 PM »

Thanks!
73!
Bill AB9TA

1.9Ghz.... Smiley

There are different bands here in Canada, 1.9GHz is one of them.
KM1H

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2017, 05:58:52 PM »

Anywhere they dont aggravate the serious CW ops otherwise be prepared for a lot of QRM until they move you. Around 1998 or higher would be perfect or hugging the band edge at 1800 which is almost never used.

Carl
K0UA

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2017, 04:42:55 PM »

So I just got done tuning around the entire 160 meter band looking for digital signals of any kind.  Other than FT8 on 1840, there arent any.  I found plenty of SSB, and some CW, and NO other digital signals.  Of course this is just a snapshot in time  (00:40z) here at my QTH in Southwest Mo. with my crummy little inverted L antenna.  Plenty of signals were found, just no conversational digital signals.  So there is your answer.  OH, I almost forgot the AM station that thinks its a broadcaster...you know the one...  so there you go. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: