The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: vk9cz doing a great job  (Read 1140 times)
VK3MEG

Ignore
« on: November 02, 2017, 06:05:38 PM »

well i can honestly say they are great ops not because they worked me, they can work a pile really really well. i have worked these guys from a few places and they are always awesome. btw i snagged 40m cw plus yesterday i got  15m ssb and cw some great prop up their and they were pounding in on 20m . keep and ear out for them they have been  calling for na plenty when the band is open.
NI0C

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 06:55:49 PM »

Well, I have not worked them yet (need them on 80 & 160 meters), but they are doing a super job, and are showing up at times for peak propagation here in the US Midwest.  In fact, their sunrise corresponds almost precisely with sunset here in St. Louis, MO, and they have been peaking very nicely on 40m and 80m at those times. 
N3QE

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 04:21:45 AM »

I think I worked them on 40M CW this morning, but they were blazing away at 33-35 WPM and copying fast CW through the multipath pretty dang hard for me. Eventually they slowed down a little, and I could tell from the timing that they were slowing down just for me, enough to say that I had completed the Q even though I never really heard my callsign.

I also listened to VR2/KC0W on 30M and I was hearing something on 30M but he was going at closer to 40WPM and again multipath at high WPM is nigh impossible.

I'm all for high WPM when running at high QSO rates but sometimes there are very good reasons to slow down the WPM to complete the Q.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 04:24:46 AM by N3QE » Logged
VK3HJ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2017, 04:58:41 AM »

I'm all for high WPM when running at high QSO rates but sometimes there are very good reasons to slow down the WPM to complete the Q.

Yes, I'm with you.

I prefer to run at 28 wpm. That way it actually goes more quickly as there are fewer repeats needed.
N3QE

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2017, 05:09:20 AM »

Update: an hour after sunrise, almost no multipath and VK9CZ at lower WPM, and I repeated the Q with 100% confidence.

Sorry for the (likely) dupe!

The first time, right at my sunrise was exactly VK9CZ's sunset, with both me and the DX exactly on the terminator and I shouldn't have been surprised there was so much multipath.

N5VYS

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2017, 06:37:16 AM »

No new low band here. just not copying them on the low bands in STX?

Obie N5VYS
KC0W

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2017, 03:15:47 PM »

I also listened to VR2/KC0W on 30M and I was hearing something on 30M but he was going at closer to 40WPM and again multipath at high WPM is nigh impossible.

Hello Tim,

Not to hijack this thread.............But.

Just looked up your callsign on my ClubLog page. Man, you are a prolific amateur radio operator!!! I bet we've had 30+ unique band fills from around the world & from North Dakota. Glad you enjoy this crazy hobby as much as I do.

Tom VR2/KC0W 

N3QE

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2017, 09:41:14 AM »

VK9CZ confirmed on LOTW already, too!
NI0C

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2017, 04:15:20 PM »

Their website indicated they were going QRT at 2300 today (Nov. 6), but they obviously were trying to make the best of their sunrise opening to NA, as they were on 80m, then 40m this evening.  I worked them for a marathon point at 2323 UTC, and received an immediate confirmation by Club Log, followed by LoTW.  I think I was probably one of the last few stations to be logged before they QRT. 
73, Chuck  NI0C
KM4SII

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2017, 04:22:30 PM »

Their website indicated they were going QRT at 2300 today (Nov. 6), but they obviously were trying to make the best of their sunrise opening to NA, as they were on 80m, then 40m this evening.  I worked them for a marathon point at 2323 UTC, and received an immediate confirmation by Club Log, followed by LoTW.  I think I was probably one of the last few stations to be logged before they QRT. 
73, Chuck  NI0C

Very nice catch!!
NI0C

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2017, 05:23:13 PM »

73, Chuck  NI0C

Very nice catch!!
Thanks, Mason.  I was rooting for a friend of mine (also in NC) to catch the VK9 as it is one the last few he needs for HR No. 1.  Did not hear my friend in the pileup, though.
MM0NDX

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2017, 03:17:53 PM »

well i can honestly say they are great ops..

What you expect from fellow Scots?  Wink

Yeah, they're great ops -- very slick Smiley
W9BB

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2017, 05:10:07 PM »

I worked them once the other nite, haven't really been following it since most previous operations were put on by some great guys...probably need a band or mode somewhere...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: