The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I be concerned about this?  (Read 2259 times)
K3NRX

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2017, 07:52:37 PM »

Hi guys....thanks for all the responses.....the fuse blew on the amp this morning, but that was an e-z fix....later on cracked open the lid, and nebbed around inside....I did not see any bugs or burns, but there was a tiny smidge of dust around the tube area....blew that off, put it back together again....all is good and tuning up fine......just to be safe, I am making sure while tuning that the drive is not cranked too much.....easing into it.....things are good....

V
K3NRX
KOP

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2017, 08:54:28 PM »

Ahhhhh, Viking! Excellent!  Grin

October 02, 2017, 07:53:41 PM
VE8EV

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2017, 03:01:44 PM »

Hi guys....thanks for all the responses.....the fuse blew on the amp this morning, but that was an e-z fix....later on cracked open the lid, and nebbed around inside....I did not see any bugs or burns, but there was a tiny smidge of dust around the tube area....blew that off, put it back together again....all is good and tuning up fine......just to be safe, I am making sure while tuning that the drive is not cranked too much.....easing into it.....things are good....

V
K3NRX

I recently had a mysterious flash-bang and it was a bleeder resistor on the HV letting go.  I knew right away what happened though because the last time it happened (almost 10 years ago) I got bit by the still-charged-after-five-days filter capacitor.  If I hadn't had one hand in my pocket I might not be typing this.  Be VERY careful inside tube equipment especially if always...

GL
John VE8EV
K6AER

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2017, 04:53:15 PM »

I took 3 KV across the chest when the shorting clip did not make contact on a 8410. Spent the rest of the day at the desk, When I got shocked I heard a gong in my head. This is after I picked my self off the floor.

In 2006 I had a heart attack and at the ER they cardio verted me with the defibrillator. Did not hurt as bad as the shock form the amplifier.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: