The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mobile version of Kenwood TH-D74  (Read 944 times)
VE7XVX

Ignore
« on: November 04, 2017, 12:29:56 AM »

I remember hearing some talk that Kenwood was considering producing a new mobile 2M (dual or tri band) radio along the lines of their TH-D74 handheld radio.
Has anyone heard anything more on this lately?
I'm in the market for at least one radio and possibly two if it checks out.

I was happy to see Kenwood include D-star in the TH-D74 and was hoping it was only a start.
Maybe Icom will add APRS to their radios now? I wont hold my breath for that one.

Shawn
KB8DNS

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 11:39:17 PM »

If anything it may show up at Dayton-Xenia in 2018, like the D74 did.... 

73 Rod W8GRI
KENNETH

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 06:38:31 AM »

I have not heard either. You can surely forget about aprs icom tho Grin.  Welcome to the forum Shawn. Rigpix is pretty good about new rigs coming out. Mfj has a 2m440 FM and dstar compatible amp. You can pair that with the d-74. Makes a great mobile aprs combo. The d-74 is quality, a number of parts incl. screen is pulled from their commercial line. If you go with one there is a yahoo group run by w6gps to ask questions on. Mtcradio (texas family store) had d-74 for 500 bucks.  But I don't know if us dollars helps you out any.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 06:47:08 AM by KENNETH » Logged
VE7XVX

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 04:23:49 AM »

Sorry for the delayed reply.

Thanks for the reply Rod W8GRI. I had my fingers crossed this year for an announcement at Dayton then in Japan. I know it was wishful thinking. Hoping for 2018 now.

Thanks for the welcome Kenneth. I actually have a TH-D74 and I've been really happy with it. Only complaint is how easily the plastic display scratches. Maybe I just didn't realize how hard I am on my HT's until I had one with a large display. I like it so much I was thinking about picking up a second for my xyl who just got her licence. Thanks for the info on Mycradio. I'll check into it. Sometimes it pays to buy from down south but sometimes it doesn't. The exchange is one thing but the shipping cost is often the killer. I'll also check out MFJ again to see what they have. I was hoping for a nice and tidy remote head radio. I have an ID-5100 in my old truck that the xyl will use now. Nice D-star radio but no APRS. The TH-D74 has shown me what I really want in a radio. I spend a lot of time, days at a time at remote lakes outside of cell phone range so that's why I'm so hung up on APRS but I also want D-star.

Shawn
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: