The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ultimate antenna system  (Read 1425 times)
WY7CHY

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2017, 07:14:49 PM »

Who said you all could come into my back yard and take pictures of my antennas?

Cheesy

SNAP!!!! I just woke up. What a dream.

I could only dream of having antennas like that. I have to modify just about any antenna design imaginable.

Born Wild - Raised Proud: 73
Cheyenne, Wyoming
KE2TR

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2017, 07:51:43 AM »

For those who remember W2HCW Arnold had two 120' berthas with 4 elements at 110' on 75m on one and the other had stacked pairs of 6 element 20m, 8 element 15m and 10 element 10m plus 3 element full size 40m. Also a pair of delta loops  at 240' on 160m, all this and his qth had salt water from NW threw NE,E SE and due south at anywhere from 100' to 150' above the salt water marsh lands here on the north shore of Long Island. Anything you installed there at his qth worked well but his stations antennas worked unreal at that qth.
Two weeks after he died his wife had a crane come in and take it all down for scrap, didn't even try and sell it plus by that time he replaced all those old Tel Rex antennas with M2 HD 125MPH plus models from full size 40  threw 10 meter long boom jobs.
That not only was a great antenna system but a fantastic qth.
KM1H

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2017, 08:11:29 AM »

Iffn I remember Arnold had a lot of problems with 75M yagis which I thought started with the 3 el KLM such as Chuck, WA1EKV (now K1KW) used on top of his ridge in MA.
I remember hearing Arnold bitchin and talking about law suits several times. He also had a very grating and arrogant voice which didnt help his lack of popularity Roll Eyes

Funny tho since Chuck often beat him in shoot outs but a 600' tall ridge and 120' tower helped.

Carl
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: