The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sunspot Concerns by some - Turn on the righ anyway  (Read 974 times)
AK0B

Ignore
« on: November 05, 2017, 01:17:18 PM »

A lot of worry about sunspot cycle and ham radio the next 3 to 5 years.  I received my license in 1954 so have been through both good and bad cycles.

However, our receivers are now at least 40 db better more since I started in this hobby.  Also we now have digital communications that seem to be able to received signals even though they may be reflecting off of spit.

If you make your station first class, both in equipment, antenna and improve your operating skills you will be able to obtain DXCC, WAS and WAZ.  It’s always a challenge.  Enjoy.  

As the higher frequency HF bands get weaker, move down in frequency.  Still a lot of room on 160 and 80 meters  and really 40 is never that bad even in a sunspot minimum.

I still make contacts running QRP, any time I fire up the rig.  Been operating 63 years the only year I didn't make a contact was my senior year in college.  I didn't have time to even try.  

73 de Stan AK0B  
K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 05:41:55 PM »

A perfect example of what he says is to listen to the bands on Sat. & Sun. during contest times!  The bands are dead all week and then on the weekend, all hell breaks loose.  Go figure!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: