The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: N1MM & TS-590SG CW Setup  (Read 1978 times)
N3HEE

Ignore
« on: December 13, 2017, 07:31:10 AM »

Trying to help a friend figure out how to have N1MM directly key the TS-590SG for sending CW.  I've read some documentation but not very clear on using N1MM/TS-590SG for CW mode.

Can it be done via the USB connection or do I need to use the serial COM port connection on the radio? 

I use N1MM with my TS-590SG with a Winkeyer for CW contesting.  Works great.  Friend does not have a Winkeyer so trying to get N1MM to key the rig. 

Thanks.

Joe
N3HEE
CW Academy Advisor (Level II)
KB1GKN

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 07:58:29 AM »

The N1MM manual suggests that keying CW for this rig from the USB or serial line isn't supported.

http://n1mm.hamdocs.com/tiki-index.php?page=Supported+Radios#General_Kenwood_information
The Kenwood KY command set (CW via CAT control) is not support due to the limitations. A COM, LPT, or WinKey is required to send CW.

I use the USB on my TS-590SG for rig control and sound. For CW keying in N1MM I use a RigBlaster Pro on an RS-232 port of my PC, plug the CW output from the RigBlaster into the key jack on the rig and set the rig to VOX.

Ham Radio Deluxe DM780 digital mode software does use the USB line for CW keying in the "CW (KY CMD)" mode. So it is possible to do, just not supported by N1MM.

KB1GKN
VA3VF

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2017, 08:41:17 AM »

Trying to help a friend figure out how to have N1MM directly key the TS-590SG for sending CW.  I've read some documentation but not very clear on using N1MM/TS-590SG for CW mode.

Can it be done via the USB connection or do I need to use the serial COM port connection on the radio? 

I use N1MM with my TS-590SG with a Winkeyer for CW contesting.  Works great.  Friend does not have a Winkeyer so trying to get N1MM to key the rig. 

Thanks.
I don't have a TS-590SG yet  Wink , but I use a $10 USB cable from eBay, and let N1MM control/do the keying.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: