The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DX Pedo Terrorism  (Read 800 times)
VK5EEE

Ignore
« on: November 07, 2017, 04:48:12 AM »

Here we go again the deliberate QRM and bullying and unnecessary bandwidth occupation by the Pedos.

Really why are just contests banned from 30m when Pedos cause more QRM and unlike contesters, don't listen on their own frequency. Thus they cause more QRM than contesters, as a contester will NOT want to occupy a busy frequency, but a Pedo doesn't check their TX frequency, if a pile up already exists, they simply jump in.

The Pedos don't even bother to respect the narrow CW bands such as 30m where long established sections of bands are used for various activities. 30cw.net Menu contains a short list of the well known ones. Example, 10116 is QRP, 10118 FISTS club members, 10120 SKCC and FOC, thus the area from 10116 to 10120 is a traditional haunt for QRS, and QSO CW modes, not 5NN QRM.

Past few days we have VK9?? on 10115.000 calling UP and wiping out ALL major CW club and net frequencies in one go. What happened to the traditional use of 10110 for DX Pedos?

There I was, with my newly constructed QRP, unable to use the QRP frequency for the first few nights, because the pile up stretched from 10116 to 10121. The Pedo was on 10115.0, so I found a nice clear frequency at 10114.5 and called CQ.

A VK2 station came up and asked me to QSY DOWN. "Down where?" I asked expecting a specific frequency and a QSO, thinking maybe he had QRM from my dead zone that I could not hear. His response: "VK9 is on 10115". My response: "How wide is a CW signal"? His response: "LID".

ITU has always allocated CW frequencies spaced 0.5 kHz apart. Old ham days we used ANY clear frequency unencumbered by digital read outs. Now the fad is to almost exclusively use .000 kHz i.e. thus resulting in CW spaced 1 kHz apart, and multiple QSO on the SAME freq.

The safest bet for low power stations is to use a frequency BETWEEN the round kHz, and a .5 kHz is fairly safe bet to be unoccupied, and equidistant from most QSO. 500 Hz is more than enough even WITHOUT a filter. Yet, I was being asked to QSY because a Pedo was 500 Hz further up!

I've even in the past had orders to QSY because an internet spot shows a Pedo on a frequency on the other side of the world when there is no possible propagation path. Clearly to be a Pedo you only need an IQ of 5. And to push buttons marked: 5NN, UP, TU and LID.

Isn't it time the Pedos got their act together and stopped bullying the rest of us and taking over, or laying claim to, entire bands?

Isn't it time to call in the now devalued DXCC, which most these days obtain by internet assisted and even mobile app remote and decoders, thus many of us have lost all interest in DXCC and would only go for a REAL DXCC which would require the exchange of some information, unassisted by the Internet, e.g. an honest report at the very least.

But how wide is a CW signal, especially a low power one, even if at 589 or 599? The ITU seems to designate CW bandwidth at 200 Hz, but that is of course an exaggeration, but for sure 200 Hz is plenty of room to distinguish CW signals, and 500 Hz is more than enough space.

Long Live Real Human CW and wishing you many happy CW QSO - 77 - CW Forever

Support CW and join CW clubs. QTT: FIST#1124, HSC#1437, UFT#728, RCWC#982, SKCC#15007, CWOPS#1714, 30CW#1,
W7ASA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 07:13:53 PM »

Oh - THAT is what all the noise (QRM) was about.  I heard it on this end of the Pacific: 15KHz+ of memory button 599 bait.  IT's a contest - just a narrow one - 50 KHz to be exact. 
N4OI

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 07:29:42 PM »

I think I understand what a "Pedo" is from the context, but what does it stand for?  Is it an acronym? 

Thanks and 73  Shocked
KC0W

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 11:17:25 PM »

Isn't it time to call in the now devalued DXCC, which most these days obtain by internet assisted and even mobile app remote and decoders, thus many of us have lost all interest in DXCC and would only go for a REAL DXCC which would require the exchange of some information, unassisted by the Internet,

I don't agree with your entire post but on this we do find common ground. The use of Internet Remote stations are an absolute joke. My favorite ones are the guys who call me with 5+ seconds of latency on their TX/RX. It's all worth it though because now 93 year old Joe down at the One Foot in the Grave nursing home can now get on amateur radio...................At least that's what the purveyors want you to believe.

Tom VR2/KC0W        
VK5EEE

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2017, 12:24:30 AM »

Pedo: (U.S. spelling of Paedo) is an adult who is attracted to young children.
DX Pedo: Not sure exactly, but they call themselves that. Perhaps they are DX children?
Either way I take it as an insult, and I'm surprised they proudly proclaim themselves as such.
But we do live in strange times where things are upside down. Same with many "DX" operations.

Tom now in VR2 my Motherland! Hope to hear you on 30m one evening OM! Never ceases to amaze me how you get around the Pacific!

I do love the activation of a one man band going around from island to island, I think that's great and what it is all about. I just don't like those big dollar "DX tourrorism" operations with high power that devalue an entity for the locals by working tens of thousands of "5NN"...

I have a friend DXer in HS land who activates sometimes rare IOTA islands, and has had an entire expedition, no small feat for a loner, wiped out by unlimited unspecified split operations. I think a REAL DXCC would be a good response to the devaluation of ARRL DXCC.

Support CW and join CW clubs. QTT: FIST#1124, HSC#1437, UFT#728, RCWC#982, SKCC#15007, CWOPS#1714, 30CW#1,
KC0W

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2017, 12:47:41 AM »

Nice to hear from you Lou. It's good to be back in this part of the world. My traveling circus (freak show?) will be leaving for Vietnam next week as 3W9CW then it's off to Brunei as V85/KC0W. I absolutely love working the Japanese!!! Best operators in the world without a doubt.

My 30 meter antenna was destroyed a few nights ago so I don't think we will make it on 30 meters. Will look for you on other bands though.

Tom VR2/KC0W         
VK5EEE

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2017, 03:04:06 AM »

Nice to hear from you Lou. It's good to be back in this part of the world. My traveling circus (freak show?) will be leaving for Vietnam next week as 3W9CW then it's off to Brunei as V85/KC0W. I absolutely love working the Japanese!!! Best operators in the world without a doubt.

My 30 meter antenna was destroyed a few nights ago so I don't think we will make it on 30 meters. Will look for you on other bands though.

Tom VR2/KC0W         
Thanks that's good to know so I will look on other bands, 20m, 40m. Vietnam! I need to visit there some day. I'd love to work you as 3W9CW. I agree the Japanese are the best operators in the world they are polite, give good QSO to fit your format e.g. if you give true RST, name, QTH they will respond with same, if you then give power and antenna details, they will also. Impeccable!

Most countries have a mix of types of operator, but Japan, it'd be rare or unheard of to find a bad one, including pile up behaviour. I too love JA QSO. A few of them can rag chew but due to language, not many. I like to send some JA CW but on the final over, otherwise I get clobbered with words I cannot understand, but many JA don't know "Wabun" because it is no longer required, only International CW.

VK5EEE

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2017, 03:06:34 AM »

My 30 meter antenna was destroyed a few nights ago
In the wind? Surely not by drugged Meth Heads as happened to me here in VK!

G4LNA

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2017, 03:50:49 AM »

A VK2 station came up and asked me to QSY DOWN. "Down where?" I asked expecting a specific frequency and a QSO, thinking maybe he had QRM from my dead zone that I could not hear. His response: "VK9 is on 10115". My response: "How wide is a CW signal"? His response: "LID".

I've got a little knob on my wireless that says "Width" and can copy a signal even if there's QRM 100Hz away, maybe he's a bigger knob for not finding it on his wireless  Roll Eyes

KC0W

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2017, 04:08:56 AM »

My 30 meter antenna was destroyed a few nights ago
In the wind? Surely not by drugged Meth Heads as happened to me here in VK!

The ocean claimed all of the antennas & destroyed much of the coax sometime between 4 - 5 AM or so a few days ago. Woke up to do some greyline DXing & noticed infinity to one SWR. Looked out the window where the antennas used to be & proceeded to use every 4 letter word in the book and then some.  Smiley

Currently using bamboo poles wrapped with tinfoil due to not finding any wire for sale here on Cheung Chau island.

Tom VR2/KC0W

VK5EEE

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2017, 05:57:55 AM »

LOL @ Paul and Tom but FB your true ham spirit to create an antenna with what is at hand!

VK9AR is on 10110 with "UP", another was on 10105 with "UP", I don't know if the one on 10115 with "UP" has ceased for good...

At least VK9AR is using the usual DX Pedo frequency and was taking calls less than 2 kHz up, pile up was spread "just" 5 to 6 kHz, but between the 3 most of 30m would have been taken up by Pedos. What's the problem with just "UP 1"? And why doesn't anyone call 200Hz to 500Hz above a Pedo when they say "UP" after all that is up and sufficient up. Why does everyone call at more than 1000 Hz higher?

It leaves a very nice empty 700 Hz or so of unoccupied band always just above a Pedo. But if I take advantage of that empty space and call CQ, I will be accused of causing "DQRM" by the IQ5 mob. You just cannot win against stupid eh!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: