The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 3C0L/3C1L  (Read 23650 times)
VK3HJ

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: November 11, 2017, 04:29:51 AM »

It is quite clear to the DXpedition operator when a station calling cannot hear his reply.

There were a couple of them that bugged us constantly on the recent VK9XI/VK9CI expedition.
K4HB

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: November 11, 2017, 05:14:59 AM »

Here's what the IK0 has in the log for 3C1L after being chastised about his dupes with 3C0L. This is from the Nov 9 update, so there may be more. Callsign abuse is possible. But as mentioned on their home page, this op had more dupes from previous DXpeditions with his very own uploads to ClubLog than shown on the DXpedition's uploads. This could be a severe case of oink fever. http://www.k4hb.com/dxpig.html.

N9KX

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: November 11, 2017, 09:29:21 AM »

people who use a radio this way abuse the time of the DXpedition itself as well as all those who are trying to work a pileup respectfully, so calling their disease 'oink fever' is probably too kind to them and too unkind to pigs.
if they arent called out, their mental software virus may very well spread, to the detriment of all of us.  The op in question made at least 11 contacts with 3C1L that wasted everyone else's time, no doubt denying several of us legitimate contacts.  good to see the DXpedition is maintaining the high road and even sprinkling their call out with some wry humor

N9KX

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: November 11, 2017, 09:38:35 AM »

if i had the requisite know-how, i might be tempted to create a program that queries recent DXpedition logs for dupes and then posts a resulting top 10 (or top 100) most UNWANTED list if certain levels of transgression were met... (weeding out those callsigns who only have 1 dupe here or there)  Wink
W2LO

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: November 11, 2017, 10:31:45 AM »

One of a DXpedition's most precious commodities is time. If time is wasted through DQRM, unnecessary dupes, etc. we show disrespect to the many seeking legitimate Qs and disrespect to the ops at the hot/cold/arid/wet/hostile/lonely/uncomfortable DX QTH.

N2SR

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: November 11, 2017, 06:10:34 PM »

Worked them on 80, through the European pileup. 

I think they are leaving soon?

If no one is doing it that way, there is a probably a very good reason.
K4HB

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: November 11, 2017, 08:51:11 PM »

In all fairness, this is how 3C0L and 3C1L uploads to ClubLog compare to what the IK0 uploaded for the same operations. It should be noted that uploads to ClubLog can be selective or edited and that uploads for 3C1l aren't complete. But regardless, the op can't claim callsign abuse for what he himself uploaded. In other words, there's a whole lot of piggy activity going on here. (Oink Oink)

KC0W

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: November 11, 2017, 10:23:11 PM »

I released a "Lid List" 4 year ago while DXing as HH5/KC0W. Unfortunately the only copy of it still on the Internet has the 7 callsigns omitted by the JA operator who's webpage it's on............Here: https://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/airtrek_kami/GALLERY/show_image.html?id=37734611&no=0  

I tend to give fellow DXers the benefit of the doubt but when the SAME guy tries working me 4, 5, 6 or more times on the same band/mode it absolutely drives me nuts.

This 7 person "Lid List" had:

1 USA operator
 3 Japanese operators
 2 Israeli operators
 1 European (can't recall which country)

Well, I get this scathing email from an American Jewish amateur saying I'm an anti-Semite & how he reported me to the Anti Defamation League. He DEMANDED I remove the list from my QRZ page immediately or face "potential legal consequences". Funny how I wasn't called a racist by any Japanese or European operators. I released the 7 callsigns because they were truly the worst of the worst when it came to operating & dup's.................Type "KC0W Lid List" into Google for more info.

Tom KC0W        

« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 10:31:28 PM by KC0W » Logged
VK3HJ

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: November 11, 2017, 10:48:56 PM »

Tom, I suspect you had no idea about the ethnicity or faith affiliation of the USA operator until he rubbed your nose in it?
KC0W

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: November 12, 2017, 01:20:50 AM »

Tom, I suspect you had no idea about the ethnicity or faith affiliation of the USA operator until he rubbed your nose in it?

Yes, he made it very clear what faith he was.............Funny how the other nationalities/religious convictions on the "Lid List" didn't send me any hate mail or threaten "potential legal consequences"   Smiley

My log book is full of 4Z & 4X callsigns & I have been to Israel. I'm the farthest thing from a radio anti-Semite.  

Tom KC0W
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 01:27:05 AM by KC0W » Logged
K4HB

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: November 12, 2017, 09:24:42 AM »

I had a list up once for stations charging more than necessary for a return QSL. All these were home stations, except for one DXpedition, which was a group in Australia. Got DEMANDS to take down their callsigns, and got a threat from the group for legal action in the US. Got an email to remove their call from my web page by a certain date or else. Just ignored it, because I don't give in to demands or threats. They only make me more determined to keep on doing what I'm doing. Besides, I laugh when anyone threatens to sue me. Ever tried squeezing blood out of a turnip?

Later on, there was a BIG stink concerning the group in Australia. Some ops on one of their DXpeditions were complaining because they put their money up front and couldn't recover any of it when there was a surplus of donations coming in. Rather than return money to the ops or major contributors, they were choosing to keep the extra funds in their coffers. That didn't work out very well for the group.

K3NRX

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: November 12, 2017, 03:28:02 PM »

Again, can't be happier with this one..what a two man operation....Thanks for being my first 3C1 in 30 years!....I look forward to the qsl card and LOTW, even though I didn't work 3C0 this time around....great stuff...

V
K3NRX
N2RJ

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: November 12, 2017, 06:39:38 PM »

Here's what the IK0 has in the log for 3C1L after being chastised about his dupes with 3C0L. This is from the Nov 9 update, so there may be more. Callsign abuse is possible. But as mentioned on their home page, this op had more dupes from previous DXpeditions with his very own uploads to ClubLog than shown on the DXpedition's uploads. This could be a severe case of oink fever. http://www.k4hb.com/dxpig.html.

Wow, he has more insurance than GEICO!
WO7R

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: November 12, 2017, 09:38:12 PM »

15 QSOs could save you. . .well, actually, I don't think it saves you anything.
N9KX

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: November 14, 2017, 03:03:33 AM »

Log is now updated; my 20 and 17m QSO's are NOW there Smiley  [insert happy dance here]
Pages: Prev 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: