The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Icom 756 PRO rear panel and PSK-31 connections  (Read 4378 times)

« on: June 23, 2001, 05:59:44 PM »

Can anyone tell me if the Icom 756 PRO rear panel has connections for PSK-31 or must the front Mike connector be used? Did Icom mess up on this one?   Bill   AC6IJ     normally@softcom.net

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2001, 07:22:37 PM »

The 756 rear panel has the inputs and outputs needed for PSK.  Consult the manual for rear panel connections for receiver audio output, transmitter audio input, and push to talk.  I think you can purchase pre made cables and interface from Bux Com for the Icom 756.  See: www.PacketRadio.com/PSK.htm
Good luck, see you on PSK soon.

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2001, 02:21:30 AM »

Thanks again  for any ideas on this. I've tried the Bux Com and wired it for the Pro but still no luck on it working. I know that the Acc-1 jack is for digital modes, does this mean that the Pro must use the USB-D mode when operating the Acc-1 jack?   Bill  AC6IJ

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2001, 01:11:48 PM »

Success, the rear ACC#1 jack works terrific for PSK-31 much better than using the front mike connector. The connections are pin #2 to ground and shd, pin #3 for PTT, pin #4 for tx audio, pin #5 for rx audio. Now I'm a happy camper.  73's  Bill  AC6IJ
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: