The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Icom 756 Pro antenna jacks  (Read 3662 times)

« on: June 27, 2001, 06:48:35 PM »

In the Icom manual it says that Ant. Jack #1 is used for 1.8 to 18 Mhz and Jack #2 is used for 21 to 50 Mhz.  However when an all band antenna is connected to just Jack #1, it works just great on all  bands!  The manual is very breif on these jacks, can anyone explain what is happening?  I am running the tuner PTT start on and the Tuner auto start on and the antenna switch on auto. 73,s  Bill  AC6IJ
EI6IZ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2001, 07:45:56 PM »

You can use Either jack on any band, I use jack 1 to connect my 160m loop (which the internal atu will tune on all bands including 6m)
Jack 2 is connected to an external antenna Swich that lets me switch between my M2 7 10-30 log Yagi (40-10m) and my 7 Ele 6m yagi.
The pro will even remeber which antenna jack was used on each band last.
use the ant soft key to swich antenna jacks (top left of display.)
hope this helps
Brendan EI6IZ
K0YR

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2001, 08:00:08 PM »

Hello Bill.  A little confusing......

See page 14,top right, under Antenna connection.  Now note the single sentence under the first paragraph.  It states "When using 1 antenna, use the [Ant 1] connector ".

I'm guessing that you read the page 15 pictorial example, which relates to using two separate antennas.  In that case you can either manually select the correct one, or set the menu to auto and the rig will sense and select the correct one for you.

Enjoy the radio...it's a dandy!

73 de John, K0YR

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2001, 01:37:32 AM »

Thanks Brendan EI6IZ and John K0YR for enlitening me on this. I have two other freinds with Icom 756 pro's who were wondering about the same problem, Wayne AC6ML and Don K6RHX. It will be quite awhile before we master the handbook for the Icom 756 Pro. At least we are on the right track and maybe we won't burn up our new rigs trying to figure out how they operate.  73,s and thanks again.  Bill AC6IJ
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: