Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is the content so stale on EHAM.NET  (Read 5192 times)
KD5OWO

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2002, 11:27:47 PM »

Again you are full of it.  Yes this is a public forum and if you choose to say things that are 'wrong' that is your choice. Well think again that is not the way it is and if you say something on this 'internet' forum that is not 'right' or 'rude' then the webmaster who admin can deleate your account.  

You might ask me where that is said on this site.  Well you are right they do not tell anybody; but I will not sit here and say you were 100% right because it is commen sense you say something that is 'wrong' then the admin at this site can treat you 'wrong'.  

I have followed up this topic because there are alot of internet trolls out there who should be banned from message boards.  Now it is clear you are not a internet troll you have been using this site till something happened and you were banned from this site.  I can not explain why this happened again you are right.

It all comes down to that the points you are using are somewhat valid.  Why ever the admin deleated you account makes people wonder.  I happen to find this site a really nice site for hams.  Sense my account has not yet been removed and there is not a big case of this well then I have to blame you.  Sorry that is the way it is.  If there is a good reason why they might try a stunt to remove you for no reason at all then I will be glad and willing to hear of it.

I would like it alot if someone knows of a post sean made that could of made the admin 'mad','angry','upset' or 'unhappy' with you  please post the URL for that topic here.  

Steve,KD5OWO
EHAMSUX

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2002, 11:50:54 PM »

by KD5OWO on March 3, 2002  
Again you are full of it. Yes this is a public forum
 <SNIP>
please post the URL for that topic here.

Steve,KD5OWO  
-----

Steve,

Maybe I missed the answers to my questions in regards to the other two posts you made.

In this latest one,  I still do not see where you are backing up anything you have accused me of with evidence in fact.

Possibly other than me being rude.   Whick I will go ahead and admit to.

I am rude.  SO WHAT.  How does that affect the accusations you have made?  

Sorry if I didn't read your last post, but I don't feel like you are really taking the time to read mine.

Rather than go on forever, I would like to go aheaed and finish up with the incorrect accusations and  assertions that you had previously made.  

I would then be willing to acknowlege anything new you had to say.

Thanks for playing,
Please drive thru
Thank you, come again.

Sean
K0PSK

P.S.  If need be, I can email/repost those original questions/rebutals since you appear to be unable or unwilling to give answers.
KD5OWO

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2002, 12:16:11 AM »

Re: Sean
I am sorry that my actions may end up costing you some credibility in this forum. But luckily for me, you and the select few I choose to call "friends", will still tolerate me, even though you what kind of crap I am capable of.

Sean,
   I Look at you there trying to make things all bette with your friend.  Well it might work on him but it does not work with me.  

-------------------------------------------------------
As I suspected, you refuse to back up anything you have stated (to me) with anything more than a quote from a bad TV show made by and for people with limited intelligence. Thanks for the insight into your personality.

>>>>Well sean again you try to hide your unintelligence by treat others 'rude'.  Face it sean you are 'rude', 'stupid' and a 'wacko'.  Why don't you just see the light and get off this forum.  
------------------------------------------------------
I don't have a problem with people making money. I don't have a problem with directed marketing. I have a problem with what happened to me, and it can easily happen to you.
>>>>>> Well it has not yet happend to me.  I use 'commen sense' when at this site and it is clear that you do not.  Yes I will admit I am attracted by a argument on here and that is why I am 'jumping' on you.  Maybe I am in the wrong here.  

You want me to back up what I am saying.  Well hey let me tell you what I think.  I find that the admin had a reason to deleat your account.  I would like more prof of that but that is what I beleive and I find what you are doing 'rude'.  Now I can not back that up because I am doing the same thing. I am being 'rude' to you.  I do think that most of the hams here don't want to mess with internet trolls.  Maybe they just find that you are 'correct' on your statments.  

Now N2MG is a nice guy and so I don't think he will get in the middle of all this.  I would like to know if you have said anything that was 'wrong'.  You might be 'right' with what you are saying I have no prof to use all I have is my thoughts well I might just be thinking wrong.  Lets just say for now your opinions are 25% correct the other 75% is my thoughts on the issue.  I mean what is more commen someone just being taken off a internet forum of somone braking the 'unlisted' guidelines.  YOu see that is where you are right 'unlisted' guidelines.  For all you know there are no guidelines.  

I could go on forever about my thoughts on this issue and bring up things that make almost no sense.  I will be heading out of this topic for now.

Steve,KD5OWO

EHAMSUX

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2002, 12:28:43 AM »

Steve,KD5OWO

As I suspected.  You really are nothing but a giant bag of gas.  

Instead of admitting you had no basis for the lies and mistruths you asserted against me and my character, you have "latched on" to something that was in no way directed towards you, in a miserably failed attempt to draw attention away from the the fact that you made several unsubstantiated negative assertions.

There is no need for personal attacks here Steve.  Please just admit that you were slanderous and made false accusations.  It isn't that hard to admit you made a mistake is it?  

You can get back to walking on water now.  Oh wait, I guess HOT AIR floats.

EHAMSUX

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2002, 12:31:50 AM »

REPOST for members with short memories:

by KD5OWO on March 3, 2002
Sean,
You are 'causing trouble' by takeing your 'thoughts' and 'opinions' overboard.
---
Overboard as in posting them to a message board?
---
Now I was 'wrong' in comparing you with JED because he had a totaly diffent complaint and was not even a ham at all.
---
Well Ham or not I don't think it is relevant, just because someone is not a ham doesn't invalidate them as a person, nor does it invalidate their opinions.
---
I do not know what JP was doing. I do know that you are 'wrong' in talking about this site. You got mad because your account got deleated with you being 'warned'
---
When and/or how was I "warned"? Since you mentioned it, I can only assume you have "first hand" evidence to back up your unfounded and uninformed assertion.

I am 'wrong' talking about this site, on this site? Where would be a more appropriate and effective forum?
---
If there were any rules I have not broke them, my account is still active. There is a webmaster out there and I do know that he reads some of the articals in sitetalk maybe he will read this one.
---
This will be read by the admins and deleted by noon tomorrow. No questions there. At least a few more people will have learned something true about eham.net
and some of the members here by that time.
---
N2MG,
Are there any rules on this site? If there are please make them public so people like sean will stop complaing and take he problems elsewhere.

Steve,KD5OWO
---
Steve,

It sounds like you don't have a copy (nor know where to find) the rules either. I infer this from the end of your post where you ask:

"Are there any rules on this site? If there are please make them public so people like sean will stop complaing and take he problems elsewhere. "

---

Now since you opened the door with your statement, "people like sean will take their problems elsewhere". What are "people like me" like? And how would you even find out? if everyone like me is censored away?

Sounds like you are attempting to make some sort of a snide broad generalization. If you don't like me,
"get a pair", and tell me what an asshole I am, to my face. Don't pussyfoot around with some meaningless generalization. It just makes you looks like a spineless nit. That is only my opinion, but I feel I can speak for everyone else "like me" also.

Thanks for your time.

K0PSK
KG4PJI

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2002, 12:36:17 AM »

You guys are funny. Every single message has a spelling error in it.
Just thought I would point that out.
Phillip
KD5OWO

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2002, 12:44:36 AM »

Sean,
   You are one of those internet trolls.  All you can say is stuff that offends others.  You have nothing better to do then sit around and play games.  Well this is not the place for that.  If anybody is a bag of gas its you. You are a total 'air head'  you enjoy playing these little games with people and I happen to act so 'stupid' (Key word there ACT) and play those stupid games back.

No wonder you were banned in the first place you like making people mad.  You laugh when people get angry at you.  You are a total jerk, I don't see how you make it with the friendly set of hams.  Maybe you are friendly on the air; but you are not on this forum.

All you can do is insult me.  You have no 'commen sense' you are a 'crazy' fool who thinks that everybody else is wrong.

Ok so I am insulting you also.  I am in the 'wrong' there but I will not say I am in the wrong on anything else I have said I know what I am talking about.

Phillp,
    I know, well thats life.  Are you a teacher?

Steve,KD5OWO
EHAMSUX

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2002, 12:51:24 AM »

I just read in thet rules that personal attacks are against the rules:
 I quote KD5OWO
"'rude', 'stupid' and a 'wacko'. Why don't you just see the light and get off this forum."

Sounds like a personal attack to me.  Is this an example of the kind of behaviour that will only be tolerated when you are good friends with the administrators of the site?

Looks like if you buddy up to N2MG, you can pretty much get away with doing whatever you want.

I wish I would have known that before.
EHAMSUX

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2002, 12:56:48 AM »

Hhaahah Thanks Phillip  I figured I had enough of a chanllenge getting him to admit he made up lies about me without running everything through a spell checker.

Sean
The "stupid, crazy, fool, wacko" Operator,
I have no 'commen sense' and am a 'crazy' fool who thinks that everybody else is wrong

Luckily we have people willing to tell us what we think.  
KC7MAW

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2002, 01:28:15 AM »

I have found EHAM.Net and the ELMER's Forum to be invaluable........ I can't join a club and attend meetings. My hobby has to be pursued on the air and the net.......

EHAMSUX

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2002, 01:50:51 AM »

KC7MAW

I agree with you, but I also know that several other helpful people have been removed from "being able" to help out people like yourself.  

So as good as it is now.  I belive it could be better.

Especially if people can share there opinous without fear of removal from the system, or personal attack.

There used to be many articles posted also but they seem to have "dried up" for the most part.  It seems that barely once a week something new shows up in the articles section.

Best to you OM
K0PSK
N8YO

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2002, 04:37:49 AM »

ok, i happened across eham.net via a search on google and the first forum i came upon was this. as can be imagined, my first impressions may be somewhat biased. i am sad to see that a ham site has become plagued with the general immaturity prevalent on so many internet forums. i am not one to pour salt on an open wound, but this is one of the saddest running threads i have ever seen. please, can we end this by sometime next week? it hurts...

best 73,
de mike, n8yo
EHAMSUX

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2002, 07:04:37 AM »

N8YO

Welcome to the site Mike.  If you like bias, censorship and "jilted" reviews, then you are really going to love this place.

Occasionally there is an interesting article to read but the good ones are few and far between.

Take it all with a grain of salt, but don't take any wooden nickels, and don't forget to take a warm coat.

Sean
K0PSK
KC9AZL

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2002, 08:26:57 AM »

Did you sit in front of the computer all day?  As soon as I posted something I got a reply.  Did youu know that hottest topics just makes hot topics even hotter?
KD5QPF

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2002, 09:07:35 AM »

Sean (aka "K0PSK") brought up a valid point:

I submit eHam is at least a 'hopefully for profit' website. I have no problem whatsoever with that since providing & maintaining a website is not free (or even cheap these days). Nor do I have any problem with people wanting to be compensated, however slightly, for their time/trouble in providing this website.

Bottom line, it is designed, operated and thus 'owned' by a group of people. Hence it is indeed their call and perogative to direct and manage the content at their whim & pleasure.  IMHO the current management is doing a fine job in this regard.

Something Sean may have overlooked about the web (and websites) is its 'democratic' nature, e.g. if you don't like a website, it's content and/or how it's managed/moderated you can simply not visit anymore.

Something the eHam forum moderators may have overlooked is the ability to block the IP of those attempting to undermine the community and the intent of the website.
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: