Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for active club in or around Glendale, CA  (Read 203 times)
K9CF

Ignore
« on: March 17, 2002, 06:50:31 PM »

A friend of mine is interested in becomming a ham.
I'm on the east coast and can't really help.
Is there an active club in or around the Glendale area.

Hoping for a club active in recruiting new hams and maybe ARES/RACES and the like.

Thanks!
73 DE K9CF
KG6KGR

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2002, 02:25:31 AM »

The Pasadena Radio Club is located a couple of miles East in the city of Pasadena.

Pasadena Radio Club meets every fourth Tuesday of the month at 7:00 p.m. in the Kaiser Permanente Walnut Center located at 393 East Walnut Street, at the corner of Los Robles Avenue in Pasadena.

Enter the parking structure at the Los Robles Avenue entrance and mention “Pasadena Radio Club” over the security intercom. Everyone is welcome to attend. Please sign in at the front desk and they will direct you to the meeting room.

Membership in the Pasadena Radio Club is open to anyone interested in Amateur Radio. Dues are $30 per year, $15 for students. Request a membership application at the club’s mailing address, on the club website, or in person at the monthly meeting.

The Pasadena Radio Club conducts a weekly net every Tuesday night, except on meeting nights, at 7:00 p.m. The frequency is 145.180 MHz (-600 offset, PL 156.7). All licensed amateurs are invited to participate.

Dwayne Miles KG6KGR  

WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2002, 04:43:12 PM »

Another one, if the party works in the San Fernando Valley (just 10 miles or so from Glendale, and in the opposite direction from Pasadena) is the San Fernando Valley Amateur Radio Club, W6SD.

http://www.qsl.net/w6sd/

WB2WIK/6
K9CF

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2002, 11:15:02 PM »

Thanks!  I'll recommend those two clubs.
73 DE K9CF
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: