Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Retransmitting IC-756PRO Digital Voice recording  (Read 365 times)
K7SVV

Ignore
« on: December 22, 2002, 12:24:27 AM »

I understand that the European version of the IC-756PRO allows you to retransmit off the air audio that was recorded with the Digital Voice Recorder.  Is there a mod for the US version to allow this?

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2002, 11:05:00 PM »

I can do this with my Icom 756 Pro but I can only copy for 15 seconds. I have entered a CQ call.  Bill
K7SVV

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2002, 01:06:07 AM »

Bill,
    I can store a local CQ message and transmit it OK but I want to be able retransmit a message that I saved off of the air.  For instance, I can save 15 seconds of the other guys audio but I can't send it back to him so that he can hear what he sounds like.  Are you able to do this?

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2002, 11:46:15 AM »

Hi John, if you record the other persons voice on a tape recorder then using it like you did when you entered your CQ call is the same thing. Your microphone enters what you want and just play it like you do your CQ call. It's a shame we are limited to just 15 seconds though.  73 and have a great Xmas...Bill
W8MW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2002, 11:54:16 AM »

Yes it would be nice if the PRO would record received signals and permit re-transmitting them.  My PRO does not do that, it will record from the station microphone.  The internal digital recorder leaves quite a bit to be desired in terms of audio fidelity and dynamic range (playback is slurred and compressed) which is okay for repetitive transmitting where audio quality is not a requirement. But I doubt you would be doing the other guy a favor by playing back his signal even if you could.  A reasonable alternative is to use some type of outboard recorder and insert the playback audio into the PRO's rear panel audio input.  I do this using a computer and it is possible to re-transmit very clean received audio.
K7SVV

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2002, 12:41:14 PM »

Getting back to my original question, the 756PRO allows you to record the other guys audio off of the air and the European model allows you to retransmit the recorded off the air audio but the US model does not.  My question is, is there a mod that will allow the US model to behave like the European model and retransmit the off the air recording?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: