Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do so many NON-Hams prefer unhealthy foods!!!!  (Read 984 times)
KG4RUL

Ignore
« on: June 21, 2003, 07:42:09 AM »

This is in rebuttal to a similar thread that SINGLED OUT Hams for their eating habits.  

Ever see the mass quantities (shades of the Coneheads) of alcohol, nachos, pizza, candy, highly caffineated drinks, hot dogs, hamburgers, etc. that are consumed at baseball, hockey, basketball, lacrosse (fill in your favorite sport here) games, or NASCAR races?  At least we try to confine it to Field Day.

Dennis
N1JAO

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2003, 08:37:16 AM »

That's nice.......will someone please pass the cheese, my nachos are getting cold, and i want to finish them before the nice man from dominos delivers my pizzas, so i can down it all with a nice package of oreos and chocolate milk, and maybe a teenie tinee peanut butter sandwich. Got a light?.................

Robert
N1JAO
ADMINISTRATOR

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2003, 09:33:00 AM »

I am at a loss here, where the hell did this crap get started? FAT HAMS, bad food, smoking??? Just who the F--K is so PERFECT that they refuse to eat at Wendy's, or McD's or even hamfest food? Are they all vegans? Does high speed code and lack of protein cause mental illness?
Eat beef, eat deer (your wife may enjoy that), take your PROZAC and grab your walking shoes, get up out of your computer chair because you are showing signs of instability.

I am heading over to Costco for some burgers, hotdogs and chips for field day.
KG4SCJ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2003, 10:03:44 AM »

Why do 80% of the country prefer unhealthful foods.
KF4KWO

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2003, 10:09:24 AM »

I occasionally like to eat a box of Oreo O's cereal.  It's a small box, so that means about 4 bowls.  I do this to get rid of the soon-expired milk in the frig so I can put the new milk in.  
HAMESCHEESE

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2003, 11:20:35 AM »

Non-Hams prefer unhealthy foods for the same reasons that Hams do!  It taste better, much better.  And who says that we only eat unhelthy foods these days?  People are living longer these days and living better lives these days.  So take your tofu and stuff it.  Give me a hamburger, hotdog, beer, nachos, pepsi es fries (supersize).  And don't forget the Ham Es Cheese sandwiches.
AA8RF

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2003, 11:52:39 AM »

I really don't know any hams or non-hams who eat healthy food.

Everything but the veggies is quite dead, and not healthy at all. The fruits & veggies are often still alive, but not really healthy being pulled out of the ground and often skinned.

Wink

-Jim
AC5E

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2003, 12:36:35 PM »

Healthy and unhealthy are probably opinions. At one time protien and fats were considered "unhealthy."  Recent studies have found a low carb, high protein, and high fat diet is at least safe, and is probably effective at reducing and maintaining weight, cholesterol and muscle mass.

Personally, I have been on the Atkins diet for over 100 pounds and still shrinking - but my diet makes my vegetarian acquaintences sick!

So does the thought of all the innocent potatos they skinned alive and boiled for creamed potatos, all the spuds sliced into bits and thrown into boiling oil for french fries, the lettuce ripped apart to make their salads; the living seeds ground into flour to make bread, etc., etc..

But why would someone with no strong opionions either way prefer one diet over the other? Likely for the "sugar rush" you get when you eat sugary or starchy foods. Honey buns, candy bars, sugar loaded sodas and the like are cheap and convenient and make you feel good.

73  Pete Allen  AC5E

N6AJR

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2003, 06:42:49 PM »

Hey Pete I too am a beliver in the high protien, lo carb diet.  I was eating that way before the atkins book came out.  I am a firm believer in it.  73  tom N6AJR
KT8K

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2003, 01:44:35 PM »

As I learn to eat healthier (maybe I'm still learning - hope I never stop), I find that a lot of fast food doesn't really taste as good as real food.  The average artificial flavoring these days must have at least 30 ingredients, most of them chemical names of more than five syllables, and there's something that just tastes wrong about them when I compare them with the real thing.  I am (knock on wood) staying pretty healthy in my 50s by eating better quality foods, paying a bit more, and getting a bit less in quantity, while staying pretty active physically.
I agree: once a year, for the cause, I will not mind eating junk food (but I may hit the farmer's market and take a sack of fruit out to the site Saturday morning ...)
Have a happy and healthy FD, everyone, and please make an extra effort to work us at W8UM.  73 de kt8k - Tim
K4III

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2003, 03:52:37 AM »

Heres another one...

Why do hams lose hair? Is it RF Radiation?

HiHi
IM4UKWIDCATS

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2003, 03:51:57 PM »

and high speed code fries the sanity links in the brain too.
-RM
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: