Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Transmit and Receive  (Read 1843 times)

Ignore
« on: September 07, 2003, 10:02:58 AM »

I have a FT-101E and IC-751A. I would like to use 101e for transmit and 751 for receive. Is this possible? and how do i connect. Help would be great.

73s
K7KBN

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2003, 11:07:42 AM »

Separate transmitter and receiver should be no problem at all.  What's your call?

Pat K7KBN
CWO4 USNR Ret.
OBSERVER11

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2003, 11:43:11 AM »

Yes, it can be done. Who are you? You have found a Amateur Radio site, information is freely exchanged between Amateur Radio (licensed) operators and we are very wary of non-hams seeking information.
KG4RUL

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2003, 03:33:26 PM »

OBSERVER11 writes:

"Yes, it can be done. Who are you? You have found a Amateur Radio site, information is freely exchanged between Amateur Radio (licensed) operators and WE are very wary of non-hams seeking information."

TO OBSERVER11:

It isn't "WE" unless you have a license in your pocket and a Call Sign!  What is yours?Huh

Dennis - KG4RUL
OBSERVER11

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2003, 04:01:50 PM »

RUL, it is people like you that I do not use my EXTRA CLASS callsign while online.

RUL if you know so much, answer him yourself or be quiet. TROLL
N3ZKP

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2003, 04:37:07 PM »

KG4RUL:

Don't you just LOVE these guys who run their mouths without being willing to identify themselves? Nice not to have to take responsibility for what they say.

Lon

KA0MR

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2003, 06:04:22 PM »

For an Amateur Extra license holder sure seems like a pretty elementary answer you are seeking ??

KAØMR
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2003, 06:52:43 PM »

To OBSERVER11;

I too would like to know your call sign. Your answers are typically to the point, and accurate, and I'm sure you mean very well. But...

The fact that you use a "handle" rather than a callsign means you have something to hide. Apparently, so do the owners of this site as you have had your logon deleted many times. Please, do us all a favor and let us know who you are.

Alan, KØBG

W4TYU

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2003, 06:56:19 PM »

Now that you are done with the words.  Here is a very cheap and effective way to do the job.

Obtain a double pole double throw light switch and use it to change the antenna between the two units..  Of if they are still made, a double pole double throw knife switch will also work.

This was done in the good old days of yore.

Ole man JEAN
OBSERVER11

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2003, 07:16:16 PM »

Alan,
I have nothing to hide, there are several user on this site that know who I am, all they had to do was ASK me.

Email me (and you can find my email address if you look at the profile), and if you are someone that I trust, I am happy to tell you my call.

ok?

W5HTW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2003, 08:16:02 PM »

On the subject.  The FT101 has a "RCVR" jack on the back.  It uses the internal relay to switch antennas.  To use a different receiver with the FT101 series, run your receiver coax cable from the receiver to the RCA jack on the back of the FT101.   This switches the antenna.

It does not, though, mute your external receiver, so if you are listening on the same frequency on which you are transmitting, you are going to have problems, unless using headphones at low volume, due to feedback.  

Like some others here I try to avoid assisting CBers who want to put ham gear on the CB band, or get on the "freebands" using ham gear, or worse yet, get on the ham bands without a license.  

On the other hand, there are those who post here and do not use call signs, and I try to give them some leeway.  If, though, I learn it is someone who is not licensed as a ham, and who plans to use the radio illegally, I not only choose not to help, I may choose to hinder.  But I give the benefit of doubt initially.

Ed

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2003, 09:46:47 PM »

I want to thank ED. I understand why hams are not wanting to help cb radio operators run ham radios. However being a Ham myself and holding the license I worked so hard to get I have choosen to only use my call sign when operating my radio. Not on the internet. Ed thankyou.
I am also disapointed that only two replys were willing to help and everybody else wanted to question me and badger each other. Thats not what I thought licensed ham operators were all about.
Again I understand and beleive cb ers should stay on cbs. However knowing a few cb operators i have to say that us ham radio operators give them undo grief sometimes. The ones I know are just to poor to buy and operate ham gear and therefore do not need a license and that doesnt make them any lower  in regard to their love of the radio. Atleast the ones I know do not question and badger each other the way I have seen displayed on this forum. Thanks to those that helped and to the other, grow up  and quit thinking you are so much better than every body else.
73s
KG4RUL

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2003, 11:47:43 PM »

My Reply to OBSERVER11's message and his reply:

OBSERVER11 writes:

"Yes, it can be done. Who are you? You have found a Amateur Radio site, information is freely exchanged between Amateur Radio (licensed) operators and WE are very wary of non-hams seeking information."

TO OBSERVER11:

It isn't "WE" unless you have a license in your pocket and a Call Sign! What is yours?Huh

Dennis - KG4RUL  

RE: Transmit and Receive  
Reply by OBSERVER11 on September 7, 2003  
Mail this to a friend!  
RUL, it is people like you that I do not use my EXTRA CLASS callsign while online.

RUL if you know so much, answer him yourself or be quiet. TROLL

==========

TO OBSERVER11:

YOU criticized 114 because YOU assumed that he was not licensed because he did not post with a call sign.

I responded to you about your lack of a call sign and YOU are not happy about that.

What is YOUR problem?  YOU can dish it out but can't take it?  

OR

Are you the really the "Troll" here???

Dennis - KG4RUL
Someone who bothers to contribute to this site!
OBSERVER11

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2003, 01:07:19 AM »

YOU are the troll.

OBSERVER11

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2003, 01:21:03 AM »

download the manual, look on page #27, it goes into detail on exactly how to use the 751 with another receiver.
http://www.icomamerica.com/support/manuals/ic-751.pdf

now, please tell me, WHY you want to use a FT101e and the IC751A? The IC751a is a better receiver, the FT101 uses TUBES, both will work on DC, the 751a has WARC bands... the 751a is just a better radio. Why bring that old candle burner into the mix?

(sorry RUL, we called tube rigs CANDLE BURNERS at Yaesu)
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: