Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: YAESU FT736 SLOPPY VFO DIAL  (Read 508 times)
G6XXL

Ignore
« on: May 09, 2004, 11:53:51 AM »

I have a yaesu ft736 that has a slightly slack vfo dial . When tuned to a frequency it can rotate easily under its own weight and change frequency.Has anybody got a cure. Despite having a manual for the radio it does not cover this aspect.
How do you even remove the vfo knob?
I do have the vfo friction disc from a ft707 it may be possible to fit this if only I could find out how to remove the knob.
Regards to all
G6xxl
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2004, 07:18:16 PM »

I believe the knob is held on by a setscrew, the hole for it may be blocked by dirt and skin oil, sometimes a close examination will reveal it.  If the unit is similar to to other Yaesu units, I believe there will be a small adjustable clutch under the knob that can be tightened slightly to stop the incidental movement.

The setscrew is a small slotted screwdriver type I think, an allen wrench won't work on it.

Good luck!
MW0BOL

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2004, 05:13:28 AM »

If I remember correctly, the VFO knob has a rubber skirt. This has to be slipped off to reveal the set screw that holds the knob on the shaft.

73 de Rob MW0BOL
G6XXL

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2004, 05:09:17 PM »

Thanks for your replies to my problem. It is correct that there is an allen grub screw under the rubber ring on the vfo dial and it is then easily removed.There is no friction device under the knob but I have cured mine now by adding a friction device from a FT707.
Thanks to all and to eHam.net for the great forums.
Greg
G6XXL
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: