Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Using Icom Radio with EDX-2 Automatic ATU ??  (Read 260 times)
VK6NU

Ignore
« on: June 07, 2004, 10:20:00 AM »

I have just bought a IC-728 radio and would like to use it with my Alinco EDX-2 automatic atu. Has anyone tested the EDX-2 with Icom rigs and does it work. The radio arrives later in the week so I can have a play then. According to the 728 manual it has a setting for AH-3 tuner which is similar to EDX-2 I have downloaded both the AH-3 Manual and the EDX-2 manual both use 4 wires from the rig to the tuner. 13.8v GND START and KEY. The connectors may be different can't make it out from the manuals, but that would not be a major problem. I would love to hear from someone who is using any Icom rig with a EDX-2 Tuner and how it behaves.

Thanks John VK6NU
W6QW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2004, 12:32:30 AM »

Hi - I have the EDX-2 working with an ICOM IC706.  Works great.  
Step 1 - you need to obtain a 4 pin Molex connector that is compatible with the IC-706 (which is 4 pins).  The EDX-2 stock connector is 5 pins, as I recall.

Step 2 - Connect EDX-2 wires into the new 4 pin Molex connector as follows:

Pin 1 (the first pin adjacent to the pointed edge of the connector(<====)) : Green
   Pin 2 : White
   Pin 3: Red
   Pin 4: Black

Step 3 - enjoy.  

P.S. You should confirm that ATU connector outputs on different ICOM rigs are wired the same.  I would guess so, but you may want to confirm this.

Feel free to e-mail me at w6qw@sbcglobal.net if I can provide additional assitance.  I don't look at EHAM forums all that often.

Regards,
Don
W6QW
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: