Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm trying to find a house...but  (Read 1579 times)
N3HAT

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2003, 12:07:10 AM »

Contrary to what another poster said, a real estate agent is by default working for the SELLER. Although they work with you to determine your needs, and accompany you to see various properties, they represent the SELLER. This is true regardless of whether they are showing you a property listed by their own brokerage or by another brokerage. This is true, UNLESS you have signed an agreement with that agent that they are working for you as a Buyer's Agent. (It is also possible to have them working both for you and the seller, as a Dual Agent.) The rights and responsibilities differ in each of the three cases. It costs no more in commissions for you to hire a Buyer's Agent. I am not a real estate agent, nor do I play one on TV. But my spouse and I have bought and sold several homes over 30 years. State laws may vary, so check it out before you sign anything.

Good luck,
Bob N3HAT

KG4RUL

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2003, 02:15:17 PM »

"Antennae. No television,radio or other antennae shall be erected on any Lot which extends above the highest point of the roof line of the Living Unit which it serves.All antennae located on the ground shall be screened from the view from outside the lot by landcaping or compatible structures designed for such support".

Per the FCC, they have to allow an antenna for reception of over-the-air TV broadcasts (this applies to TV antennas only).  This has been interpreted as superceding CC&Rs to the extent that if you cannot receive all local stations with an antenna below the roof line, they MUST allow a higher antenna.  Of course, you will probably have to go to court to get them to allow it.

Best bet:  forget this deal and keep looking if you want to erect outside antennas!

Dennis
KO5D

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2003, 01:32:24 PM »

Thanks Dennis
Yes it's look like I have to forget about it.

I'm just wonder: I worked a lot American station from Israel and Belarus.
Do most of the American HAMs have hidden antennas?
Do most of the American HAMs are living in the old houses?
Why ARRL/FCC not fighting for your rights?I saw several articles than ARRL pending some case,but it looks like "no chance".
What will happen with all young people that getting ther licence and in a few years they will be fed up with all kind of restrictions. Will Amateur radio die?
I know it's tough question was asked hundreds times in other posts - it's just my broken heart speaking...
Sergey
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2003, 01:49:59 PM »

The majority of American hams you worked from overseas, if they had big, outstanding signals, were not likely using "stealth" antennas.  They were using beams on towers, as the vast majority of DXers to this day are using.

But in order to accomplish this, remember:

1.  A lot of big-gun DXers in the U.S. have had their homes, towers and beams for decades, in many cases long before there were any restrictions on these things;

2.  And those who didn't have them decades ago, but recently installed them, likely placed this requirement fairly high up the list of important assets for a new home and location.

If you (or your XYL) are unwilling to compromise regarding location, commuting distance or age of home, you could easily be "stuck," and there's not a thing the ARRL or anyone else can do to help you.

Easiest way to find a good ham radio location anywhere in America is to buy a house from a ham who already had a tower or towers installed.  And this is very easy to do, practically anywhere -- but may well lead to the purchase of a 30 or 40 year-old home.  

WB2WIK/6
N4UE

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2003, 07:39:27 PM »

Sergey, welcome to America!! Listen to Steve (WB2WIK), he is, as usual, right on target. However, read my posting here:
     " Advise needed, where to procede".
I did my homework and still I'm having problems with the 'good neighbors'.
The Realtor who sold us the land we own, told us "NO tower restrictions here!". Gave us a copy of the 15 year old restrictions. Sure enough, nothing against towers. He proceded to take us around to show us other (4) large TV towers in the neighborhood, plus another ham's tower, with a monster tri-bander. I went and spoke to the Planning and Zoning officials, who gave me the green light. When recently contacted by the neigborhood 'lynch mob', this POS Realtor, said "I NEVER told them that towers were OK".
Now, some neighbors who ARE in violation of the restrictions (Metal roofs on their house, too many horses, running a business from home, etc.) are the very ones stiring up this trouble.
I have contacted a Florida Ham / Lawyer who tells me they do not have a chance to win a court battle. However, the ill will this has caused to both the wife and myself is incalculable. We have been ostracised and fellow neighbors have been warned not to associate with us. Great neighbors, eh?

Just choose your location carefully, and trust no one, especially a Realtor!

ron

N4UE
KG4RUL

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2003, 07:51:29 AM »

I have always heard that the way to tell if a Realtor, Lawyer or Politician is lying is to check if their heart is still beating.  Wait a minute!! That can't possibly work!

Dennis - KG4RUL
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: