Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't find the cd for my adms-2f  (Read 1734 times)
KC8TLF

Ignore
« on: November 05, 2005, 12:58:33 PM »

Can anyone help me out. My ex moved out and took a lot of stuff with her. I can't for the life of me find the cd that has the software for connecting my radio to my computer. I have the instructions, then cable, no cd. Any help would be appreciated.
N6AJR

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2005, 01:20:52 PM »

Fot the meanstwhile, down load Ham Radio Deluxe, a super rig control program, free but please register it so you cna get updates.  works well has rig control, easy to use, also has a good psk program and "super browser " which lets you watch 20 psk at 1 time and click on one to selecte it to work..
KC8TLF

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2005, 01:37:17 PM »

Ham radio deluxe doesn't help me at all because it doesn't even support the ft 1500m anyways. I was reading the manual and it said to type a:\setup.exe. I don't have a floppy drive anymore on this computer and I am pretty sure I threw out all my floppy disks. I did find in the manual the number to call for yaesu. I guess I'll have to call them monday and see if they can help me.
N6AJR

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2005, 08:22:19 PM »

sorry I didn't realize you were doing 2 m.. I always progrsm them by hand.  it's all in the manual, but not in any order.  go to vfo, enter freq, set offset, set pl tone, select channel, save..
N6AJR

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2005, 08:22:33 PM »

sorry I didn't realize you were doing 2 m.. I always progrsm them by hand.  it's all in the manual, but not in any order.  go to vfo, enter freq, set offset, set pl tone, select channel, save..
N6AJR

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2005, 08:22:34 PM »

KC8TLF

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2005, 12:29:09 AM »

Actually I'm trying to set them to mask or delete certain channels from the memory. Works fine on my one ft 1500m, but the other one is somewhat messed up. It won't save any changes to channels already in memory, and it will shut the power off then turn right back on when the car is not running. I'm about ready to throw it out. My other one works fine still though.
W9GB

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2005, 06:07:21 AM »

RT Systems is the company that writes (e.g. Icom and Yaesu) and supports the ADMS software.
http://www.rtsars.com/

This is a part-time company, with specific hours for technical support, sales, etc.

RT Systems
PO Box 309
Falkville, AL 35622
KC8TLF

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2005, 06:14:21 AM »

ADMS-2F -U  Advanced Data Management System Software
For those who have the programming cable from an earlier Cloning kit.
For Windows 98, ME, NT, 2000 or XP. '

Urg, just found this. From what I read from other sites it comes on a floppy. I don't own a floppy drive even. I'm goign to search for alternat software unless yaesu can hook me up with the software. Anyone know of any software that will work with it besides the one from rt systems.
KG4RUL

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2005, 09:47:35 AM »

Go to this URL to download the file setup.exe:

http://home.comcast.net/~dzabawa/setup.exe

This is the RT Systems, ARDTS-1500 Programming software for the Yaesu FT-1500 radios.

You will need this SN for the install:

YF20DUUMHRXDK30001B3

Dennis KG4RUL
KC8TLF

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2005, 01:49:48 PM »

Well, the file was 2 bytes too big it said. But thank you for helping. I finally managed to get it to store frequencies like it should. I did a reset of the cpu and it is working just fine now. It must have got mad I hadn't used it in awhile.
KG4RUL

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2005, 06:14:59 AM »

OK, apparently RT Systems has taken the stance that half-baked copy protection schemes are more important than developing software that actually works.  

To whit, I have helped several hams with install/operation problems encountered with RT Systems software for several different radios.  From my experience, RT Systems uses their customers for beta testers.  

For myself, I previously owned an FT-1500M (never should have sold it, he says while kicking himself).  
I purchased the Yaesu software (made by RT Systems) and cable package.  Guess what, it didn't work!

RT Systems answer was to purchase their much improved ARDTS-1500 software.

Guess what, it didn't work!

Dennis KG4RUL
KC8TLF

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2005, 12:42:02 PM »

Well, I managed to do a cpu reset and program in the memories I wanted. What is odd is the ones that were repeaters have the alphanumerics I put in for them, but the simplex frequencies all have just the frequency numbers. If I go into the memmory channel, go to alpha, it has the information stored. The manual doesn't seem to be much help. A lot of the information seems to be incorrect.
KC8TLF

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2005, 11:22:59 AM »

Someone sent me the software for it in the mail. I lost the email of the guy that asked me for my address and obviosly sent it. I hope you get this, you didn't even put a return address on the envolope, I just wanted to say thank you. Doesn't seem like thank you is enough to really say how much I appreciate it though. At times there are people that brush by you in life that are very kind hearted and they don't really get the recognition they deserve and that bothers me. Sad
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: