Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How Can I find Which Connector Was specified?  (Read 1284 times)
KE3WD

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2007, 09:27:20 PM »

KB5DPE

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2007, 04:08:53 AM »

"If you were or were not aware of the fact that I am a woman, that is - also - beside the point. Assuming that I am an idiot, don't know about electronics, radios, satellites, antennas, impedance matching networks, power supplies, whatever when you don't know me is insulting - male or female"

Debra,
The great majority of people DON'T know very much about those things INCLUDING the great majority of those who post on eham.  Does that make them idiots?  I don't think so; neither figuratively nor actually.  It only makes them people who have other interests in their lives which they consider more important than these technologies.  To suggest that someone "insulted" you because they did not assume your technical orientation is a bit of a stretch, don't you think?  It is human nature to want to share your experience and expertise and it is, likewise, human nature to assume that your own experience and/or education makes you a bit more qualified than the "next guy/gal" to offer your advice.  If, in fact, YOU are better educated or more experienced than the person offering you advice, YOU KNOW IT.  That's all that matters.  Gracefully accept their offering and go on with life.  A week from now (probably less) neither of you will remember a thing about it anyway.  Life offers too many pleasant and interesting things to waste time dwelling on some perceived "insult" that, in reality, wasn't an insult at all.  Enjoy your project and enjoy your boat and know that there is someone out there who is mighty envious.
Tom
KI4TON

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2007, 06:00:12 AM »

KE3WD, how does this make me a lid?

I freely admit that I don't have a lot of operating experience on ham radio.  I do happen to have just a little experience in electronics generally.
K0RFD

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2007, 06:18:29 AM »

"I do happen to have just a little experience in electronics generally"

And no people skills at all.
KI4TON

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2007, 06:26:46 AM »

And LDG - after being told (via email) yesterday that, "if you lose or destroy an interface cable, you can purchase a replacement."

I was told today that these cables are not available for purchase - neither through the distributor network nor direct from LDG.

I discussed the issues with the president of that corporation, and I consider this issue closed.
K0RFD

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2007, 06:31:45 AM »

Sorry, ignore the previous comment.  It was meant for the person who was giving you a hard time.  I got the callsigns mixed up.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: