Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FT-7800/8800/8900 mic wiring?  (Read 1640 times)
G4IJE

Ignore
« on: February 28, 2008, 09:18:59 AM »

Has anyone built their own microphone (hands-free mobile mic perhaps) for the Yaesu FT-7800, 8800 or 8900? Did you include the up/down buttons? I'm having trouble finding definitive wiring information. Best I can come up with is a schematic for the MH-42 microphone, which is an option on these radios. It looks like PTT, UP and DOWN functions can all be done on pin 6 by wiring three resistors in series. If you ground pin 6 via 27k you get PTT, ground it via 27K and 39K in series and you get "down" or ground it via 27K, 39K and 82K in series and you get "up". Obviously one would set the microphone type to MH-42 in the radio's menu. Can anyone confirm that this is correct?

Thanks and 73, Paul G4IJE.
WA3SKN

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 10:46:26 AM »

The probable lack of response is because those radios in the states are supplied with the MH48A6J mic with the DTMF pad installed, while the European version has the MH42B6JS mic that has no DTMF... but has the 1750Hz tone-burst installed.
Hopefully someone here will have the answer for you soon.
73s.

-Mike.
G4IJE

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 11:43:10 AM »

Actually my FT-8900R was supplied with the MH-48. There was a time when we didn't get many DTMF mics in the UK since we have never had "phone patch" facilities. Nowadays with so much internet-linking of repeaters, everyone wants a DTMF mic and they are much more common.

Anyway, that's mostly irrelvant as I was simply using the MH-42 schematic as an example of a simple ptt/up/down circuit that would work with the FT-8900R. I guess I'll haul the rig out of the car this weekend and give it a try.

73, Paul G4IJE.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: