Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dentron external Balun model number ???  (Read 264 times)
WB9YCJ

Ignore
« on: January 19, 2009, 11:38:29 AM »

I am trying to determine the model number of a Dentron EXTERNAL Balun. It is NOT an internal balun from inside one of their tuners or amps. It is a larger STAND ALONE unit encased in its own housing. The dimensions are appx 4 1/2 inches wide X 4 inches tall X 7 inches long.  The case is black and the front has "Dentron Radio Co." painted in white along with an SO-239 and "Coax in" painted above the it.

The rear has "BALANCED LINE" printed in white above the two porcelin (type) open wire connectors. Below these connectors is a ground lug with screw. There are four rubber feet on the bottom. I guess its designed to handle at least a kilowatt or more. Yahoo/Google has been no help.

My specific questions are: Whats the model number? Specs? Owners manual download?
Thanks in advance, Ken
K2DC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 10:08:18 AM »

Ken,

Not familiar with the external balun, but you might try Denny Had, who owned Dentron and then Amp Supply before they went out of business.  He halped me out one with a Dentron part once after Dentron was long gone.
  He now make high-end audio equipment.  Cary Audio Design in Apex, NC.  919-355-0010

Don, K2DC

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: