About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UHV-6  (Read 267 times)
K2CLH

Ignore
« on: November 20, 2009, 03:02:01 PM »

How do you like the antenna? I have just been looking around and found this one. What is the bandwith? What rating would you give it,4/5,5/5,0/5?

K2CLH
VE6BGM

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 08:52:49 PM »

See this site on eHam.net http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/1592
4.1/5
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 04:33:01 AM »

Some folks won't tell you the truth about this antenna, but I will. It is a virtual dummy load!

I can't think of any other HF mobile antenna that is less efficient. It even takes a back seat to the ATAS series. It isn't any better on the VHF end either. The coils are wound with #24 wire, and are about the size of your little finger.

Go to my web site, and look under Antennas, Commercial.

Alan, KØBG
www.k0bg.com

KB4QAA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 06:47:13 PM »

I've had mine since before the little screwdriver antennas became common, so there wasn't much choice for me at the time.  It has held up well, it is sturdy and heavy.  The Comet lip mounts are not sufficient to hold it safely without guying.  They just don't have enough gripping area to prevent folding over.  Do be sure to put locktite on the set screws.

I trust Alans' mathematical analysis of the antenna, and understand that it's a tiny sliver of a wavelength.  Nonetheless for the small amount of transmitting compared to listening I do, it has worked well enough for my needs and made many a long trip enjoyable.

Bill
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: