Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spark plug info for Harbor Freight 800 watt generator  (Read 21547 times)
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2014, 07:26:12 AM »

Wow, this guy is an expert on EVERYTHING.  but still can't keep his bullshit straight.  I marked some things for your further explanation.  God your fun to screw with, and when you get on a roll, lookout, cause the BS gets to stock yard levels pretty quick. Keep going dude, I know you have to have the last word.  And at some point after about 3 more pages I will quit screwing with you so you can have the final post in the thread. I just got to see if we can get 6 pages of nonsense out of a simple comment about a spark plug.

Like I said those that do not understand call it BS to hide their ignorance on subject. There are very few additives to gas. Mostly it is alcohol or other oxygen adding mix in some market. If you want to stay in ignorant bliss and actually pay more to run your car, have at it. The ONLY reason cars have active knock control and spark management is because low octane fuel and no other reason. New cars would melt pistons and heads without it running 87 octane for sure. If you tow you will see better mileage and power with 89 or better too. As far as switching grades often, not much is gained as it takes a few tanks for car to relearn optimum timing as it remembers knock for several start cycles. If you pull ECM fuses for a few minutes when you switch to 89 or 93, you will see quicker gains. Also anyone that uses 87 or even 89 with a turbo is really hurting performance and MPG. 

LOL don't see many turbo charged generators! Which proves again you can't stay on point.

And YOU JX seem to always imply the other person is ignorant when they don't share your version of wisdom. Funny how it works that way. But that's the way it is when YOU know everything!

Like I said those that do not understand come out of wood work to attack what they do not know because of insecurity. While I know of no turbo charged generators, I know of a lot of cars that way today. But like I said, those with limited vision and understanding, think 87 is the holy grail of fuels.

--------------------------------------
All posted wireless using Win 8.1 RT, a Android tablet using 4G/LTE/WiFi or Sprint Note 3.
KB8VUL

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2014, 07:41:06 PM »

Holy Grail of fuels?  Once again you are making stuff up to support your argument.  People don't burn 87 octane fuel because it's " The Holy Grail" of fuel, it because it's 20 cents cheaper than 93.  I know of all sorts of turbo charged generators.  Of course they are 175 KW and up and are diesel, but not portable by any stretch of the imagination.  Now here's what kills me.  You sat in another post and argued the virtues of a Chonda generator over the real thing and how your cheap generator was "Just as good or better" for less money.  So you are saying that being a tight ass is fine if you are buying a generator but if it's the fuel in the generator then it HAS to be the top dollar stuff.  You obviously understand being cheap with buying the Harbor Freight special import generator but are more than willing to dump 93 octane fuel in it?  Really?  And then claim that people that don't think that 87 octane fuel is "THE HOLY GRAIL" of gasoline and are stupid for thinking so.  When in truth they are just being cheap.  I just figured it out. He you ever seen the movie The Core?  It's where some idiot scientist creates a device that is suppose to be an earthquake machine to be used as a weapon.  Well he's pretty full of himself and is basically an ass.  Near the end of the movie he's in a capsule, near the core of the earth.  There's a nuclear bomb ticking off the final seconds before it goes off and the guy is stuck there.  And he's dictating into his little cassette recorder his thoughts then realizes that no one will ever hear it or care as the bomb is going off.  That's you.  Exactly who you remind me of.  An arrogant pompous blow hard that has to interject his bullshit in every discussion.  Truth is that no one really cares.  People are still gonna burn 87 octane fuel in their lawn mowers regardless of how many reasons you give them not to.  And further, even if it was horribly bad to burn 87 in a small engine, which it ain't, the way you approach your dissertations on the folly of doing it.  Well no one is gonna listen to you anyhow.  As intelligent as you claim to be, you sure miss that part completely.  Which of course is why you are just so much fun to screw with.  SO I am hoping that you will keep the entertainment going.  I know there are several others out there reading this and laughing their asses off as you sit foaming at the mouth trying to figure out how to further the argument about how 93 is clearly a superior fuel to 87.  In all honesty I am curious myself, not that I am gonna start buying 93 and burning it in my lawn mower, but just to see what you have to say.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 07:49:33 PM by KB8VUL » Logged
W9FIB

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Yesterday at 12:58:38 AM »

Holy Grail of fuels?  Once again you are making stuff up to support your argument.  People don't burn 87 octane fuel because it's " The Holy Grail" of fuel, it because it's 20 cents cheaper than 93.  I know of all sorts of turbo charged generators.  Of course they are 175 KW and up and are diesel, but not portable by any stretch of the imagination.  Now here's what kills me.  You sat in another post and argued the virtues of a Chonda generator over the real thing and how your cheap generator was "Just as good or better" for less money.  So you are saying that being a tight ass is fine if you are buying a generator but if it's the fuel in the generator then it HAS to be the top dollar stuff.  You obviously understand being cheap with buying the Harbor Freight special import generator but are more than willing to dump 93 octane fuel in it?  Really?  And then claim that people that don't think that 87 octane fuel is "THE HOLY GRAIL" of gasoline and are stupid for thinking so.  When in truth they are just being cheap.  I just figured it out. He you ever seen the movie The Core?  It's where some idiot scientist creates a device that is suppose to be an earthquake machine to be used as a weapon.  Well he's pretty full of himself and is basically an ass.  Near the end of the movie he's in a capsule, near the core of the earth.  There's a nuclear bomb ticking off the final seconds before it goes off and the guy is stuck there.  And he's dictating into his little cassette recorder his thoughts then realizes that no one will ever hear it or care as the bomb is going off.  That's you.  Exactly who you remind me of.  An arrogant pompous blow hard that has to interject his bullshit in every discussion.  Truth is that no one really cares.  People are still gonna burn 87 octane fuel in their lawn mowers regardless of how many reasons you give them not to.  And further, even if it was horribly bad to burn 87 in a small engine, which it ain't, the way you approach your dissertations on the folly of doing it.  Well no one is gonna listen to you anyhow.  As intelligent as you claim to be, you sure miss that part completely.  Which of course is why you are just so much fun to screw with.  SO I am hoping that you will keep the entertainment going.  I know there are several others out there reading this and laughing their asses off as you sit foaming at the mouth trying to figure out how to further the argument about how 93 is clearly a superior fuel to 87.  In all honesty I am curious myself, not that I am gonna start buying 93 and burning it in my lawn mower, but just to see what you have to say.

Been laughing at him now close to a year since his defense of running his generator in his garage and claiming the physics of his garage mean that the exhaust is never trapped inside it. And he preaches to others that it is ok to do that. I cited numerous places that say he is wrong and challenged him to produce 1 credible source to back up his claim. Guess what...he failed the challenge. So to say I attack because I don't understand is a lie in itself since he has yet to prove me wrong. He can stick behind his claim that all the others are stupid and he is correct. But that only works when you can actually prove what you say is correct. I have the manufacturers and the government on my side. Who is on his side?

As to the holy grail part, again you are wrong when Briggs and Stratton says you are wrong. I think they understand their engines far more then anyone else. And in the link I provided earlier, they even say that the use of higher octane fuels produces none to little benefit in their engines. So I should believe you when you don't cite a single source to support your ideas, when the manufacturer says different?

But silly me...I don't understand what I am reading so the world revolves around JX. So lets all broadcast to everyone to run their generator in their garage. According to JX it is perfectly safe. And since he says it is ok, anyone injured or killed by his statements should make sure their attorney sites JX as the expert that got their family member hurt or killed and sue him for everything he has or will have. Maybe then he will learn putting out bad information is a bad thing. But I doubt very much even then he would change. Everyone does not understand! His knowledge is beyond reproach! He simply can not be wrong!
W1JKA

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Yesterday at 04:28:59 AM »

True to course the great generator debate has evolved into the great spark plug debate
and now great octane debate, what's next the great Jerry can debate in which to store the winning fuel of the octane debate? All this over an item to basically provide a temporary means of a heat, cooking and lighting on the AVERAGE of 1-3 days every 3 years.
   For the folks who are waiting with baited breath as to the out come of the afore mentioned elements before purchasing their own home based power plants I can only offer this suggestion, 4 large 5 day candles from the local dollar store ($12.00), 2 cat food can alcohol stoves free from neighbors if you don't have a cat, 3 12 oz. bottles of Heet fuel for stove (3.00) and 10 pack of emergency Space blankets from Amazon ($12.00), +- $30.00 will do the job while awaiting shipment of your $300-$1,000.00 gen pac unit. Also those with the fore site to own a used 12v car battery and small solar panel can still entertain themselves by keeping up with this Topic while the experts in residence will no doubt debate best wax content of candles, what brand cat food can to use and the best mil thickness of space blankets, all this will enjoying your hot cup of tea along with your bowl of oatmeal or rice.

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 04:31:36 AM by W1JKA » Logged
KB8VUL

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Yesterday at 07:53:33 PM »

True to course the great generator debate has evolved into the great spark plug debate
and now great octane debate, what's next the great Jerry can debate in which to store the winning fuel of the octane debate? All this over an item to basically provide a temporary means of a heat, cooking and lighting on the AVERAGE of 1-3 days every 3 years.
   For the folks who are waiting with baited breath as to the out come of the afore mentioned elements before purchasing their own home based power plants I can only offer this suggestion, 4 large 5 day candles from the local dollar store ($12.00), 2 cat food can alcohol stoves free from neighbors if you don't have a cat, 3 12 oz. bottles of Heet fuel for stove (3.00) and 10 pack of emergency Space blankets from Amazon ($12.00), +- $30.00 will do the job while awaiting shipment of your $300-$1,000.00 gen pac unit. Also those with the fore site to own a used 12v car battery and small solar panel can still entertain themselves by keeping up with this Topic while the experts in residence will no doubt debate best wax content of candles, what brand cat food can to use and the best mil thickness of space blankets, all this will enjoying your hot cup of tea along with your bowl of oatmeal or rice.   

ROFL Grin
This crap is good for hours of entertainment.  Going back and forth with this guy is a hoot.  To be honest with everyone else.  I don't care what fuel you run in your generator.  You can run AVgas, jet fuel or pee in the tank.  Sitting imagining him sitting down and typing something, erasing it, foaming at the mouth, walking away cussing and then repeating the cycle 3 or 4 times is plenty of entertainment for me.  I just sit and laugh my butt off waiting on the next round of dribble to pick apart.  Sure I have to research some of the crap he says so I can tear it down, but the effort is actually worth it.  I get to research crap, find out the truth and actually have the facts moving forward. But yes, I can see your comment turning into several more posts about the proper way to apply aluminum to Mylar (space blankets).  The correct way to eat cat food complete with what tastes the best (not gonna research that one thanks).  And how using HEET is the wrong fuel to burn in an alcohol stove and the better bet being some other forum of methanol (which is what HEET is too)
W1JKA

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Today at 12:20:14 AM »

Re: KB8VUL

I didn't mean to EAT the cat food (although some do) just use the empty can with 50 or 60 holes punched through it just under the rim with a thumb tack for an efficient stove, 1 oz. of isopropyl alcohol or yellow bottle Heet will boil 16 oz. of water in 6- 8 minutes. Also Jet fuel JP1 - JP4 is the best fuel for kerosene lanterns, the wicks will last about 5 times longer, produce a brighter light and chimneys won't blacken with soot.
   Some will ask what the hell does an alcohol stove or Jet fuel have to do with ECOMMS, well you need hot water for coffee and oatmeal to keep awake and belly full and the Jet fuel for light if using your emergency radio after dark during what I assume would be an emergency situation.
« Last Edit: Today at 12:36:51 AM by W1JKA » Logged
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: