Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: emergency power battery bank  (Read 1437 times)
KG4QVU

Ignore
« on: June 02, 2002, 07:22:04 PM »

Once upon a time, I found a couple websites that had instructions and illustrations on how to build a emergency power battery bank.  I believe it was four very large Ah batteries banked together and hooked to a controller, charged by a trickle charger or a solar charger or the combination of both.  It was housed in a vented rubbermaid container and had DC power points built in and a DC to AC inverter mounted to the top.  I can't for the life of me find those pages.  

Has anybody seen this done or does anyone know where I can find these or any instructions on how to construct this?  

Do you connect the batteries pos to neg or pos to pos neg to neg?  

Any help would be appreciated.
K1BRF

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2002, 01:04:30 AM »

This is common in marine applications.  Check West marine's web site and see their catalog.  They have the detailed instructions and the scematics (and parts necessary) to build one.  It does require some gear, but it is easy to do.  I built one according to their plan and now I can go HF at reasonable power for a long, long time without outside power.  Solar charge the bank and you can really work well.

SGC has a solar charging tactical set that is excellent.  Consider adding that as well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: