Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FCC Enforcement against VA RACES (not part97 races  (Read 2148 times)
NJ1K

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2006, 04:54:23 PM »

Well, ok Ronnie, but it seems as though the new ARES leadership appointees are still active in VRI, example, check out this link to the callsign of the new district 13 DEC http://www.qrz.com/detail/W4BOT ...

Also, just why would a SM in his right mind, fire an EC without having a replacement available... Example
http://aresva.org/aresva/western.html  Notice on this page there are 5 EC vacancies, many of whom were recently fired, yet no new EC's have been appointed...

I am assuming these people were fired because they were anti-VRI....

What gives??

I look forward to an explanation.....

Tom NJ1K
WA4MJF

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2006, 06:19:11 PM »

I don't know, Tom, I moved to NC Section
in 1973.  We're all the same down here.

VRI seems to be a slipshod outfit.  Half
or more of their website doesn't work.
The have an Officer that apllied for
club licenses for VRI, when we learn from
one of their members that they aren't a
ham club.  It seems to be a ragtag outfit
pirating the RACES name from the
guvment, which is supposed to run RACES.

That was kinda of joke about the foresight
of the  VA SM, Tom.  My suggestion would be
to get with the EM folks have them appoint
the Radio Officers as the regs call for
and ignore VRI and things will probably
all work out for the best.  Remember the
EM guy not only has the RACES, but also the
CD Auxilary Police, CD Auxilary Fire, etc
EM is a big outfit, so you wanna make
sure that you're a help not a burden and
things will go well.

73 de Ronnie
NJ1K

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2006, 06:26:30 PM »

You're right on que Ronnie....

The EC is the lifeblood of ARES because these are the very people that hold the relationships with the EM's...

Yes, we have good relationships here in most parts of VA and many of us are no longer ARES but now work only for the EM's...

Ta Ta to VA ARES for now... After the current SM gets done wiping out the current structure and gets booted out, we shall reunite and life will be bliss....

Thanks for the insight Ronnie....

Have a great one....

Tom NJ1K
KD4TMB

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2006, 09:48:20 PM »

Seems to me that ARES is getting along fine with out the Ron Socal fan club. I see nothing about the way Tom did several of his EC's when they did not go with the flow. Most of the EC's in dist.13 had never spoken or met the last DEC we had for Dist13. Tom had even tried to split Dist.13  By the way Tom , ARES membership is growing every day. ARES is alive and well in Dist. 13
N4ASX

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2006, 02:24:12 PM »

Gee, I hate to butt in to this, but I did hear that those ECs who do not report in may be replaced.  I have not met the new SM or SEC for VA., but I have not been replaced here in Alexandria City as of yet.

I am ALWAYS looking for more volunteers to support the city. I don't care if you have taken the ARRL or VARI training or not and as of now, the city does not desire a background check or clearance to support them as part of ARES.

I only ask that if your volunteer to work ARES in Alexandria, and you get called out by another group you let me know of your non-availability for Alexandria, so I know whom I have on my list. I had 4 folks on my volunteer list for Isobel who were at work for neighboring Fairfax Co.  They did great work, but that was 4 folks I did not have that I thought I had.

Some of the folks who call VARI home are deeply committed to making our efforts better, but the food fight hurt us all.  the ARRL with the red line through it hurt the hobby not just ARES or public service.

Don't know who will take my place in Alexandria, should I move on.  So far no one wants the job but yours truly and I took it because the last guy wanted OUT.  You'd think the pay would be an inducement.

73 Rick
N4ASX
KE4SKY

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2006, 11:30:37 AM »

Rick,

You deserve a raise for your dedication and hard work!  I wish that more ECs took your "act like adults and work together on the mission" approach towards things.  Roger yours on the "food fight."

Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: