Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Emcomm website!  (Read 610 times)
K4HLW

Ignore
« on: January 04, 2007, 04:15:45 PM »

There is a new website dedicated to EmComm discussions some of you may want to check out.

www.emcommforum.org

Also I for one am glad to see the ARRL has decided to focus on EmComm for their Public Relations this year, I feel it's going to be a good year for both EmComm and Amateur Radio.
K2GW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 06:37:47 AM »

Just to clarify, the ARRL's new Emcomm website for non-hams will be http://www.emergency-radio.org/, not the one mentioned above.

This will be a special website explaining Amateur Radio emergency operations and capabilities for individuals in a crisis  By avoiding tech-speak and reaching out to individuals concerned about their family and individual safety in a crisis, they hope to reach a broad audience in 2007.

Right now it's still holding a clone of the hello-radio materials from last year as a placeholder.

Also, the special 2007 Emergency Communications brochure can be previewed on the ARRL website at http://www.arrl.org/pio/

These 2007 marketing brochures are being made possible thanks to a $15,000 donation from the Dayton Amateur Radio Association - the people who also sponsor the Dayton HamventionĀ®. Just as the league did with the Hello brochures, all they ask is the mailing costs of $6 per 100 brochures. Send check (payable to ARRL) along with request to Brochures@ARRL, 225 Main St, Newington, CT 06111. Be sure to include the mailing address where you want them sent! OR... You can put it on your credit card by going to:

https://www.arrl.org/forms/development/donations/basic/.

Please click "ARRL general fund" and type in "PR" in the comments area--and also be sure to let Allen or Roseanne know you did it so we can get them out to you by emailing the league at hello@arrl.org when you are done.

I'm not sure who is sponsoring the forum that was mentioned in the first post of this thread.  Perhaps the sponsors could clarify.

Thanks & 73

Gary Wilson, K2GW
SNJ SEC
ARRL PIO
KE4SKY

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 08:30:39 AM »

As FYI - if you want a closer look at the neat looking communications vehicle featured on the cover the the ARRL's new brochure, it's the Emergency Technology Support Vehicle(ETSU) of Arlington County (VA) RACES.  More photos of the ETSU are on the web site www.w4ava.org  Here's one from Field Day:

http://www.w4ava.org/06FD207.jpg

K2GW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 10:36:15 AM »

Nice vehicle!  Great to see that they let you configure it an use it for Field Day, too!

BTW, I got my 100 brochures from the league yesterday.  They definitely can be used to explain Amateur Radio to both the general public and served agencies.

Gary, K2GW
K4HLW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2007, 11:04:35 AM »

www.emcommforum.org is not sponsored by any organization. Unlike most of the groups out there we have no intention of pushing any agenda or attempting to organize EmComm, we don't believe in a "right way", "only way" or "proper way", there is no membership in the an organization requested or even available, there is no certification we want you to get, there really isn't even an official group, just a couple of EmComm operators who saw the need for a site to open the communication channels between the groups we already have.... it is purely a discussion forum to allow members of all groups using all communication systems (Ham, CB, GMRS, Satellite, Data, Phones, etc..) a chance to discuss and share ideas.

That said, it has already gained the support of a lot of the major organizations including the ARRL who is considering making it a part of their PIO toolkit (a CD containing video, audio clips, and a list of relevant sites that ARRL PIOs can point the media and other interested parties to for more info)

It is open to not only operators, but also those who are with our served agencies and have questions.

- Brian Cook KI4HLW
www.emcommforum.org - Admin
N4ASX

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 09:58:57 AM »

Ed, I would say that the Arlington vehicle was an Arlington County EMS vehicle that supports communications and that by vertue of the RACES RO's day job, RACES has an "in" and a place on that vehicle. To say that it is a RACES vehicle is a little bit of a sell job.

That said, any group that provides Amateur Radio support to the community in time of need is a good thing.

Using FEMA grant money to build a vehicle that nice is also a good thing.

73 Rick
N4ASX
Alexandria ARES EC
KF4URY

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2007, 12:19:13 PM »

I'd like to look at your site, but it's blocked at work as a "sex" site.  Just what is on there anyway?  LOL

This is a partial screen print...

http://www.hunt101.com/img/468635-big.JPG
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: