The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: dumbest people on face of earth  (Read 3295 times)
KW4JA

Ignore
« on: May 23, 2015, 09:37:30 PM »

I have been trying to get my name corrected on my FCC license for two months but have been unable to do so. On the applications there are fill in boxes for name, license name, and an attn to box which in my case are not the same name. After a half dozen tries including written attachments and telephone conversations with so called technicians they just can't get it right. FCC incompetence represents what would happen if you took a pseudo intellectual slick talking community organizer rat, put him in a suit and have him assign cronies to run government agencies with affirmative action promoted people who are dumb as a stick.

Really sad. Really really sad.
N0IU

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2015, 05:42:01 AM »

Have you tried going to the ULS website and making the changes yourself? You can make any administrative change to your license without any intervention on the part of those "so-called technicians".
WA2ISE

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2015, 05:27:04 PM »

Failing that, try using the phonetic alphabet hams use over the air on HF.   Cheesy   yeah, it might be worth a try.  But maybe not, the guy you end up with may think you're a CBer...   Embarrassed

I looked up you callsign and I see a name that looks like a random last name like many others, so if it's spelled wrong, I can't tell.  Of course, you want your name correct, I would too. 
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 05:31:04 PM by WA2ISE » Logged
SOFAR

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2015, 05:36:28 PM »

KW4AE/JA : First of all, you are making an odd request, it is not a correction. I read your attachment in the request. .... An action was taken on 5-23, and it looks  along the lines of what you're trying to do. .... Patience....
KW4JA

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 04:29:53 PM »

Thanks for all the responses. It is finally fixed after five tries on uls. Think of it this way. If you were born Edward but everyone has always called you Ted you wouldn't want to use your license as an Edward. I take back the angry comments. It was just frustration talking.
But isn't that what bureaucracy is famous for?

KW4JA
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 04:36:59 PM by KW4JA » Logged
KB3VWG

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2015, 11:28:42 AM »

It looks like you filed the same request TWICE ON THE SAME DAY, and those two requests were both approved. Two corrected licensees were issued to you this week.

I'm kinda lost why you think the techs at the FCC are dumb...looks to me like they had to verify that you were not trying to fraudulently assign a license to someone else (by playing a name game). And since correcting the licensee name on a grant is probably not a very common task, I'm sure it was a manual process (they may have contacted the VEC for a copy of your form 605, or even the SSA system to verify your SSN hasn't been canceled [to verify you weren't a silent key]).

It seems the person(s) who actually erred were with the VE team, it seems they didn't enter your information EXACTLY as you placed it on your NCVEC Form 605. I'm just lost as to why you bothered with the ATTN name in the first place, since the two names are so similar.
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2015, 08:06:15 PM »

It looks like you filed the same request TWICE ON THE SAME DAY, and those two requests were both approved. Two corrected licensees were issued to you this week.

I'm kinda lost why you think the techs at the FCC are dumb...looks to me like they had to verify that you were not trying to fraudulently assign a license to someone else (by playing a name game). And since correcting the licensee name on a grant is probably not a very common task, I'm sure it was a manual process (they may have contacted the VEC for a copy of your form 605, or even the SSA system to verify your SSN hasn't been canceled [to verify you weren't a silent key]).

It seems the person(s) who actually erred were with the VE team, it seems they didn't enter your information EXACTLY as you placed it on your NCVEC Form 605. I'm just lost as to why you bothered with the ATTN name in the first place, since the two names are so similar.

Well said.

--------------------------------------
You can embrace new technology and change with it or cling tightly to old technology and fall further behind everyday....
W5GNB

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2015, 06:03:57 AM »

When dealing with Any government agency, PATIENCE is your Only salvation !!!!!
SOFAR

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2015, 07:22:53 AM »

When dealing with Any government agency, PATIENCE is your Only salvation !!!!!

I called the FCC once to see why my upgrade was taking so long, compared to the first time around. She said they put the info in the system as soon as they receive it. Said they receive it electronically. So I called the VEC, W5YI?, they asked my test location, said they did receive it. I said, you send it electronically right? Mentioned how long it has been, and when I checked the FCC ULS in 30 mins, upgrade was posted. Guess the VEC was waiting to submit.

I found my call to the FCC office very informative and helpful.
NK7Z

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2015, 08:07:56 AM »

I have been trying to get my name corrected on my FCC license for two months but have been unable to do so. On the applications there are fill in boxes for name, license name, and an attn to box which in my case are not the same name. After a half dozen tries including written attachments and telephone conversations with so called technicians they just can't get it right. FCC incompetence represents what would happen if you took a pseudo intellectual slick talking community organizer rat, put him in a suit and have him assign cronies to run government agencies with affirmative action promoted people who are dumb as a stick.

Really sad. Really really sad.
Change your name to match the FCC license...  <snicker>

Thanks,
Dave
For reviews and setups see: http://www.nk7z.net
AC6CV

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Today at 04:46:11 AM »

My question would be why someone named Edward would answer or respond when called Ted all their life? Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: