Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting replacement for expired license  (Read 801 times)
KA4LSU

Ignore
« on: November 27, 2001, 08:39:36 AM »

I allowed my 1979ish Novice license (KA4LSU) to expire and I'd like to get a replacement for my orig license.

I'm studying to get relicensed but (while it seems I could) I'm not trying to avoid taking another code test. I'm a CW only nut and need to get back up to speed anyway Wink

I just would like to have the orig license on my wall. I've sent a 605 requesting a duplicate ($0 fee) to Gettysburg. Is that all I need to do?
W3HF

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2001, 09:54:03 PM »

Unfortunately, I don't think the "duplicate license" you requested is going to work. I could be wrong, but I think they will only issue duplicates for current licensees, not "replicas" of expired licenses.

Perhaps the FCC database contractor could help here, but I doubt if they would have actual copies of licenses. They would be more likely to just have records of the license, and could issue proof of license.

Another item you might consider is a copy of your listing from a callbook.

Please let me know if the FCC is able to send you a duplicate of your old license. I would love to get a copy of mine, from 1976. (WN2FKS) I'm pretty sure it's somewhere around my parents' house, but haven't been able to locate it.

Steve
W3HF
w3hf@arrl.net
KD5QPF

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2002, 09:20:27 AM »

I tried to get a copy of my expired license (KA4LSU) for 'nostalgia' sake as well. I know I have it somewhere but jeeze, there's no telling where it's tucked away after 20 years.  Sent a 605 to the FCC requesting a duplicate and they responded they don't provide duplicates of expired licenses.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: