Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ARRL book for new General question pool.  (Read 675 times)
W6NZX

Ignore
« on: May 11, 2007, 07:50:39 PM »

Does anyone know when the new ARRL General book will be out for the new question pool?

Rob
N8UZE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2007, 04:11:35 AM »

Don't wait.  Study now and test on or before June 30th.  There's still enough time for you to study the current material and pass the test before the change, which occurs on July 1.
KC9ATJ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 12:26:59 AM »

I would agree with what the other guy said.  General is not that hard of a test.  It was just the code test that made it hard to get (at least in my case).  What I would do would be to find a test session about a month away, and study for the test using this current question pool.  Take tests online to get ready.  If you feel you need a study guide, just buy a used study guide off of ebay or a used book site.  I got my extra book for like $5 after shipping becuase it's used (and it's still the current one).  If you don't feel you'd be ready until after the question pool changes, then I would recommend studying the new pool
N4MJG

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2007, 07:03:18 PM »

I go ahead and get general out of way now before june 30 !!you got time to get gen out of way. i took my march 17 2007, i 'm glad i did before june 30 plus it took me 5 year trying pass the general.

Jackie
KG4ORX
WEBSITE http://webpages.charter.net/kg4orx/

KI6EAA

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 06:23:59 AM »

You can practice for any of the FCC Amateur tests using the practice pages at

http://www.aa9pw.com/radio/index.shtml

This is free and a great service to Hams.  I passed both Tech and General the first time thanks to this site.  

Go through the sample tests a couple of dozen times, look up the answers that you miss in the General License study manual from ARRL, and you will succeed.  Good luck
K7RWB

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 09:33:43 PM »

Is the ARRL going to produce a book on the updated General question pool exam?  So far I do not see one on the site.

Thank you,

Rowland
K7RWB
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: