The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Use of the new Flex 6400M on MARS  (Read 528 times)
K5AJ

Ignore
« on: May 22, 2017, 08:25:37 AM »

Hi,
It seems safe to assume that the Flex or any other radio capable of sending USB audio, will marry up with the 2 MARS applications that run in tandem, with the Signal-Link-USB.

Aside from that, is it envisioned that Flex Radios can satisfy the two digital softwares without the need for the Signal-Link-USB?
More important, can the MARS softwares key up the  PTT  in a Flex radios the same as it does with Icom and Yaesu radios?  Given that Flex is Software defined; it would seem that some diddling around with virtual ports would have to be done, as well as available or homebrew cables.

A local ham suggested I forget about the Icom 7610 and go the Flex route, and to make sure the Flex 6400M, has the "M" on it.

Appreciate any comments.
WI9MJ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 02:42:35 PM »

Any radio with a USB connection should make it easy to connect to a computer.

Use this software to split the radio COM connection between the various digital software. You can also use a virtual pair to connect between the M110 modem and Station manager. Just make sure to select the right USB microphone and speaker.
http://www.eterlogic.com/Products.VSPE.html

I have 2 Icom 7200's to the same computer running two copies of the modem and stn mgr.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: