Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Navy MARS kaput?  (Read 40989 times)
W6EM

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: August 16, 2009, 01:04:52 PM »

I'm always amazed by folks who hide behind aliases and often can't offer a reasoned, rational reply.  Only personal attacks.  Part of the reason behind the disguise, I guess.

If MARS is still primarily a service for civilians to volunteer to serve members of the military and their families, I owe it an apology.  However, based on countless testimonies, and my own personal experience, it's no longer that.

I guess I'd best spend my time communicating with the Secretary of Defense about what I believe is errant in the new MARS philosophy.  This, instead of wasting my time here.  I'm reasonably sure that Mr. Gates does not wish to intentionally violate the Posse Comitatus statute.  The very minor violation in Samson, AL, some time ago by MPs from Ft. Rucker is/was being investigated.

Like I said earlier, providing freebie comms to baggage handlers is fine, since they're federal employees.  But, don't stop there.  There's the Border Patrol, the FBI, and don't forget the USDA.  Its at some of the major airports too.  And, how about the GSA?  MARS could direct traffic at the next GSA site auction.

KD8PFN

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: November 03, 2011, 09:23:17 AM »

SIR, REPORTING FOR DUTY, SIR. This day 03 NOV 2011 I'm happy to report aboard as a member of  Ohio NAVMARCORMARS.
Is is also my pleasure to report that I have recently accepted the responsibilities as the State FOUR and will eagerly train and motivate all highly motivated, truly dedicated personnel in interest of providing a will and a way to support any and all in emergency communications. And I will do this even if there is no one who is willing to listen. I will stand alone tall and proud and be there when the call is made re-guardless of who is willing to stand with me.

It is also my pleasure to report that in Ohio we invite and welcome any and all check ins wheather Army or Air Force.

I'd also like to Honor the men and women of all branches who unselfishly have given their lives and those who continue to serve as we approach Veterans Day. And special send out to all my brother Marines, an early Happy Birthday.

OOOOOOORRAHH.

Rick Pierce
KD8PFN/NNN0LZO
KB2CRK

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: January 17, 2012, 01:43:52 PM »

Navy Marine corps MARS is still active and running. I have Just rejoined at the beginning of this month.

Thanks
Paul
NNN0PIL/T
N9KWW

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: January 27, 2012, 02:15:36 PM »

As a note: Navy MARS is well and thriving. We have interfaced with AT&T VIA Homeland Defense. They even have their own call signs for use any time they need help or just to check into our nets. We also have many other reciprocal agreements in place along with our fellow AF and Army MARS stations. We are all one MARS with different names.

Pages: Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: