Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Potential MARS member questions...  (Read 26356 times)
W1YB

Ignore
« on: September 04, 2012, 08:46:04 AM »

I know this is a "loaded" sorta' question.

Which MARS group would be most appropriate for a Jacksonville, Florida resident?

My interests are varied, but I do prefer portable operation so I imagine that the MARS with the most active "deployment" exercises would be the best fit.
I would not have any MARS interest if MARS did not seem to be moving back toward "all radio" communications.

FYI for those who might reply: I worked in US Army Signals Intelligence (and earlier as tactical guy) during my 15+ years of active duty back during the Dark Ages.

Thanks to all who might read this and an especially loud "THANK YOU" to those who chose to provide me with positive feedback.

W1YB
N9AOP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 12:08:10 AM »

Army MARS is active in Florida.
Art, AAA5RD
WA1OEZ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 06:03:20 AM »

Please drop me an email at <aat4rd@bellsouth.net>.  I am the US Army MARS Region 4 Director.
I believe I can assist you.

Regards,
Jim
N9KWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 04:34:54 AM »

As to which MARS service to join is a mater or personal preference. In Florida I can tell you that the Navy Marine Corps MSRS system is active as is the Air Force. I do not have any concrete information on the number of Army MARS members in Florida.  If you are interested in ALE and other more experimental modes Army is not the best choice. Chief Army MARS has withdrawn from those type of activities. However the Army MARs program does go into more training and regimented activities.
Hope this helps.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: