Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: REMOVING A PROGRAM  (Read 405 times)
N9LCD

Ignore
« on: January 25, 2015, 09:45:56 AM »

I installed BlackBerry Link on my laptop to backup my Q10.  Something happened during the installation.  BB Link doesn't work properly and I can't remove or repair it because the "Installation Is Not Complete".

QUESTION:  How can I completely remove BlackBerry Link if I can't do it through the laptop's "Control Panel"?

N9LCD

Huh
DL8OV

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 12:58:20 PM »

The answer to your question depends on what operating system you are using.

If you are running MS Windows then log on in safe mode and try removing it through Add/Remove Programs. If you are feeling brave then you could also try removing all mention of Blackberry and BB Link from the Registry but please take care here.

If you are running Linux then use your Package Manager after entering the password (advice based on Linux Mint, your distro may vary)

Somebody else will need to help you if you have an Apple Mac

Peter DL8OV
K2QB

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 06:01:41 AM »

Look for a progam called Revo...it's a free download and does a much better job of uninstalling programs then via the Control Panel.  I have yet to find a program it couldn't uninstall along with all of its add-ons as well.
VK6IS

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 12:03:06 AM »

Look for a progam called Revo...it's a free download and does a much better job of uninstalling programs then via the Control Panel.  I have yet to find a program it couldn't uninstall along with all of its add-ons as well.

which works well on removing any windows based software,
- highly recommended.
W9FI

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 09:06:11 PM »

Some software programs also will allow you to reinstall them right on top of the existing version, whether or not it's a full install.  That's another option you could try.  If you can get it fully installed, you should have no trouble removing it via the Windows Control Panel.

Still another option is to contact BB Link's customer support team.  They may already have documentation that they can send you that will allow you to resolve this problem.

I don't recommend your changing anything in the Registry unless you really know what you're doing.  Even then it can be risky.

GL & 73,  Jim W9FI
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: