Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Malicious jamming on 7255  (Read 2951 times)
KE7TMA

Ignore
« on: March 23, 2014, 05:42:47 PM »

Anybody else hear it?  It's pretty strong here.  Maybe we can get a rough geographic area for this guy.
KI5WW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 07:43:17 PM »

No but just FYI, the FCC will still track , find, knock and fine the hell out of ya. It may take some time but they will do it. Ask the guy that jammed .195 for a year about?  Dont want to give his call, hes been embarassed enuff. Malicious interference is still taboo. Good luck.
KJ6ZOL

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 02:46:22 PM »

There's a jammer who I call "The Okie" since his QRM consists of old twangy style country music. Is that the guy you're referring to? He pops up on a freq for an hour or so and blasts everybody using it out of the water, then he shuts down before the FCC can DF him, then a few hours later he'll pop up somewhere else. He must be on the Left Coast since his signal is pretty strong. I've heard him on 14.313 and a few other places. One time I was trying to ID a net on 7178 and along comes this doofus, starts up and obliterates everybody.  Angry Angry Eventually he'll screw up and get caught.

The 7195 jammer was that guy in OK, wasn't it? I read about him on the ARRL regulatory page.
W9GB

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 04:10:44 PM »

Quote from: KI5WW
Ask the guy that jammed 7.195 MHz for a year.
Jamming (Malicious interference) to law enforcement, airplane/air traffic control, first responders,
public transportation, and military increased after 9/11 terror attacks.
In Chicago, we have had kids with laser pointers on runway approaches to major airports --
momentarily blinding pilots during landing approaches.

The FCC posted this Alert a few years ago, after passing and renewal of The Patriot Act (result of 9/11 terrorism).  
It is broader than just a radar jammer. Part 90 LMR, Aircraft/Air Traffic, and Part 97 amateur radio IS included.

ALERT:
Federal law prohibits the operation, marketing, or sale of any type of jamming equipment, including devices that interfere with cellular and Personal Communication Services (PCS), police radar, Global Positioning Systems (GPS), and wireless networking services (Wi-Fi).

"Jamming devices create serious safety risks. In the coming weeks and months, we'll be intensifying our efforts through partnerships with law enforcement agencies to crack down on those who continue to violate the law. Through education, outreach, and aggressive enforcement, we're tackling this problem head on."
-- P. Michele Ellison, Chief, Enforcement Bureau
===
As for James R. Winstead, KD5OZY, of Coleman, Texas --
you can read the comments posted here on eHam.net in February (2014).
http://www.eham.net/articles/31758

The monetary fines are one punishment, BUT he and his immediate family members are now "marked", or "listed".  This will show up in background checks for references, employment, etc.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 04:18:21 PM by W9GB » Logged
KI5WW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 08:58:08 AM »

There's a jammer who I call "The Okie" since his QRM consists of old twangy style country music. Is that the guy you're referring to? He pops up on a freq for an hour or so and blasts everybody using it out of the water, then he shuts down before the FCC can DF him, then a few hours later he'll pop up somewhere else. He must be on the Left Coast since his signal is pretty strong. I've heard him on 14.313 and a few other places. One time I was trying to ID a net on 7178 and along comes this doofus, starts up and obliterates everybody.  Angry Angry Eventually he'll screw up and get caught.

The 7195 jammer was that guy in OK, wasn't it? I read about him on the ARRL regulatory page.

No he was in San Antonio. He would keep at it all day every day. Recorded others audio played it back. Odd personel remarks. No music if i recall. I am sure he is not still doing it. Yer guy seems to have a different mo. The guy i mentioned got a really really big fine. It wasmalmost like he wanted to get,caught. Odd deal. Did notice the fcc nailed a guy in Enid Ok for key down 24 hrs a day for three days on 11 meters. Knocked on his door and themrest is history. Just a 5000 dollar fine. I just dont understand these people. I run two hf rigs all the time. I park one on the freq i wana use and leave it, then tune around with the other one. After ten or fifteen min i call cq. Just to make sure i dont interfere with any one. Oh, the guy on 11 meters was an extra class operator.
KJ6ZOL

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2014, 09:38:01 AM »

No he was in San Antonio. He would keep at it all day every day. Recorded others audio played it back. Odd personel remarks. No music if i recall. I am sure he is not still doing it. Yer guy seems to have a different mo. The guy i mentioned got a really really big fine. It wasmalmost like he wanted to get,caught. Odd deal. Did notice the fcc nailed a guy in Enid Ok for key down 24 hrs a day for three days on 11 meters. Knocked on his door and themrest is history. Just a 5000 dollar fine. I just dont understand these people. I run two hf rigs all the time. I park one on the freq i wana use and leave it, then tune around with the other one. After ten or fifteen min i call cq. Just to make sure i dont interfere with any one. Oh, the guy on 11 meters was an extra class operator.

Yeah, I got the TX 7195 lid mixed up with the OK lid on CB Channel 19. 19 is the channel truckers use for road alerts, so the OK guy was asking for it. Key down for 3 days straight, he made the FCC's job easy. The guy complained that some guys on 19 were harassing his wife, so he keyed down continuously to blast them out of the water.

Personally, I tune across the bands once or twice, then listen on a freq for a few minutes. I still have lots of anxiety over calling CQ on an occupied freq, though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: