Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HAS ANYONE TRIED ELECTRONIC QSL'ing, INSTEAD OF TR  (Read 2372 times)
W5KJ

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2001, 03:37:02 PM »

I always felt that figuring out how to get a qsl was just about as
satisfying a challenge as working the contact....definitely gets kinda
pricey tho.....think I'd rather spend spare dollars on odds and ends..
I'm all for it.....Greg, W5KJ
AB2KJ

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2001, 03:45:40 PM »

I have tried and it is ok....got to say though nothing beats getting a QSL in the snail mail with foreign postage!!!  I got a chuckle on the ARRL comments regarding security and verification for DXCC.....It seems to work ok (internet) for ordering their products....don't suppose there is a double standard here???
KA8OCN

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2001, 01:56:05 AM »

The ARRL is going to Have to accept the eQSL someday. Instead of trying to block it why dident they come up with it? If a member of ARRL would have used the service FREE that would have given a lot of Hams a reason to be members of ARRL (Yes I am a member of ARRL and eQSL.com)

Security? a card QSL could be faked just as easy as a eQSL card. I dont know about anyone else but I don't want an award that I had to fake qsl's to get it. If I did every time I looked at it I would be reminded of my inability of reaching my goal without cheating.

I have helped support eQSL.cc please consider sending them a small donation, in fact I guess we should support this fine website and some of the other Ham Radio web sites.

73's
KA8OCN
AF4WP

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2001, 07:42:45 AM »

Tried this site and couln't connect.  Is it the correct address?  Can anyone attach a link to a posting that will wirk?

Thanks

Bill  AF4WP
SM7VGI

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2001, 03:27:50 AM »

Are there any other sites than http://www.eqsl.cc that you could use for e-QSL. Which one is mostly used?

73 de SM7VGI
K8NDS

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2001, 03:00:09 PM »

I have tried EQSL and I think that it is a great idea. I feel the same as the others, I really don't care what the ARRL thinks. I think that they need some new blood in that Association. That type of thinking will disapear with the silent keys. Things need to change with the times. They must be in bed with the post office.
Eqsl is fast and secure, I have had some success, but it needs advertising. Many people that I communicate with do not know it exists.
KB0ZWK

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2001, 01:21:46 PM »

I uploaded my log onto www.eqsl.cc and I have received only 3 cards back on eqsl.  I have spent the money to send both state side and DX cards.  Granted I am kinda new to DXing, I have sent about 50 cards and I have only received about 10 back.  So, basically I am seeing that it is cheaper to send eqsl's.  That is a good thing since it costs about 70 cents to send a card overseas.  I just wish that I would get more cards back.  I have even thought about using the bureau to cut costs, but the rate of return is really discouraging.  However, I will keep on.

73's

Bob
KF4CLT

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2001, 11:55:35 PM »

Yes, Try http://www.eQSL.com. I have been using it for about a year. If your QSO has an email add a notice will be forwarded to them.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: