Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 5 BAND WAS....AS A MOBILE OPERATOR! HAS ANYONE EV  (Read 901 times)
MORSENUT

Ignore
« on: December 26, 2001, 11:16:17 AM »

I am currently working on 5 Band WAS as a mobile operator, with all contacts being made within 50 miles from my home QTH as per WAS Rules.

I am wondering if anyone has ever done a "Mobile WAS" before.  The ARRL does not officially recognize "WAS MOBILE," and I am trying to find out if this will be a first in Amateur Radio, if I am ultimately successful.

I have about 80 percent of the needed QSOs and am making quick progress.

Please see my post in the "Mobile Ham" Forum for more details of my adventures with this unusual form of
WAS hunting.

Tim
N8LXR
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2002, 02:33:37 PM »

Hi Tim,

I made WAS from my car on 10m in a single weekend, during the ARRL 10m contest, December 1989m while changing locations.  (Spent half the contest operating from the beach in Malibu, and half the contest operating from a mountaintop overlooking Malibu, all within 15 miles of my home QTH.)  However, 5 band WAS would obviously be a lot more difficult, and I've never even tried!  I'd think 80 meters, especially, would be quite a challenge.

Yet, I'm willing to bet others have already done it.  After all, HF mobile operations have been going on since before WW2, and really picked up with the introduction of the Gonset mobile rigs in the 1950's.  Nowadays, with the dozens of tiny and high-quality HF mobile rigs available, I've got to believe that not only mobile 5BWAS, but probably mobile 5BDXCC have been achieved by now.  You might post this question to the League's cognizant awards managers and see if they have any data.

Keep up the good work!

73 de Steve, WB2WIK/6
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: