Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I need help to buy trx  (Read 573 times)
SP5QIP

Ignore
« on: March 23, 2002, 04:52:57 PM »

Hi guys.
I,`m from poland, I`m going to buy HF trx. I found nice one on this site. Can anyone tell me how to buy it and deliver to Poland without taking the risk? Owner wants to pay all the money, than he will send the radio. I`m affraid of it. Is there any way to buy it with minimal risk? Any suggestions? I, don`t know anybody in States to buy it directly there. Mike
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2002, 01:17:26 PM »

I'd suggest you find somebody local to the "seller" who can visit the seller, inspect the rig, and pick up the rig for you, and have him handle the financial transaction if at all possible.

If you need to buy something in southern California, I'd be happy to help with this, myself...but you didn't say where the selling party was located.

It's also not so easy to ship materials to Poland, the air freight can cost as much as some radios, and by sea can take a very long time.  I've shipped rigs to Germany, which is close to you, and between air freight and import duty costs, it was very expensive.

WB2WIK/6
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: