Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: N8LXR LOOKING FOR OPERATORS FOR COMPETITIVE MOBILE  (Read 334 times)
WU3U

Ignore
« on: May 22, 2002, 06:25:19 PM »

Hi ALL!

I am looking for a few operators to help me out with my 2002 Field Day Mobile Class effort.

I live in Philadelphia and the FD site is in Brooklawn, NJ, about 10 miles South of Camden, NJ.

The site is excellent for a serious stab at the FD Mobile Class.  Its located in a boat launching area
right on the Delaware River, with wide open take offs
to the the N, NW, W, and SW over water, where most of the action will be relative to the SNJ section.  Signal reports have been excellent from this location.

I have permission from the City of Brooklawn to stay there overnight.  There are bathroom facilities and
a diner close by, and we will have some food too.

Equipment for a serious FD effort is excellent: A 2001
Toyota Tacoma, Yaesu FT 100D, a High Sierra HS 1500 Screwdriver, and a completely independent 12 Volt power system:  a 300 Amp hour, absorbed glass mat, sealed, size 8D battery (runs rig at 100 Watts out for many hours), a 40 amp microprocessor controlled charger, and a 3 KW AC Generator mounted in the truck's
bed.  

I also have a passenger side mounted operating "desk"
with a pair or Bencher Paddles, a memory keyer, provision to mount the FT 100D's control head, a clock, and small light.

This mobile set up is just 4 QSOs short of 5 Band WAS and puts out an excellent mobile signal.

CW OPS are espeically needed, but phone ops are welcome too.

I can even provide accommodations if needed at my home in Phildelpha.

If interested, please E mail me at Morsenut@AOL.COM

73 and Lets have Fun on Field Day!

Tim
N8LXR
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: