Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My local radiodealer in the Chicago Suburbs???  (Read 490 times)
KC9AIK

Ignore
« on: May 22, 2002, 11:49:38 PM »

Hi every1,
does anybody know radiodealers in the Southern suburbs of Chicago? I've been searching for a while, but don't really find anything, except the well known Radioshacks... Hope u guys can help me out.
thanx, 73
Kilian
WA5EE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2002, 03:21:15 AM »

Though I lived in your area for awhile ,I'm not aware of anything really nearby .Take a few hours one day to go visit the AES store in Milwaukee .  They're friendly folks with a good stock of new and used gear.
It's not that far , and they're open 'til 3 on Saturdays.They can even hook you up with a VE session right next door when you get ready to upgrade .You can get directions at aesham.com

Russ , WA5EE
K1ZC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2002, 02:11:26 PM »

There is the Ham Radio Toy Store in Wheaton.  Do a search in Google and you can find it.  There is also a fellow in LaGrange that popped up as a dealer for MFJ and a few other brands doing business as Burk Electronics.  Don't know if he has retail space or is just a home business.

I know the toy store carries ICOM and Yaesu gear, I don't think they are a Kenwood dealer.

W9GB

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2002, 09:51:48 PM »

The 6-meter hamfest is in Wheaton, IL (DuPage County Fairgrounds) this Sunday, June 9th.

Both Burk Electronics (LaGrange, IL) and Amateur Radio Toy Store (Wheaton, IL) will likley be there.

For parts, kit building supplies, test gear, cabling, enclosures, (nice full service store)
TriState Electronics in Mt. Prospect, IL
(Downtown 2 blocks west of Route 83 on Northwest highway)

73 de w9gb
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: